chapter 8

No ones' POV.

Laura got to their house and knocked on the door. Mark answered it and let her in.

"Hey Mr. Lynch! Do ya know where Ross is?" She said all hyped up. "Sweetie, call me Mark. Yes he's in his room doing who knows what." He said, laughing a little at the end. "Thank you!" She yelled as she ran up the stairs. She knocked quietly on Ross and Ryland's door. No answer. She slowly opened the door and went in. And there he was laying on his bed, sound asleep, quietly snoring. Laura tiptoed to him and grabbed his big, fuzzy, yellow blanket. He used to never go to sleep without it. Literally. The Lynch's were driving back to Colorado for Christmas and they were about halfway there when Ross started crying and yelling saying he forgot his blanket, he refused to sleep without it, so they called their neighbor and told them where the key was and had them send it as a package. Now he doesn't even seem to care if he has it or not. Laura just laid down next to him and watched him sleep. After about a half hour, he started to get restless in his sleep. He was crying softly and was hugging himself. Laura sat up and carefully pulled him on to her lap. After about ten minutes of rocking him, he finally calmed down and woke up. "When did you get here? How long have you been here?" He asked her, still crying a little. Laura placed her hand on his cheek, making him flinch, and used her thumb to wipe his tears. "Ya know you just asked the same question in two different ways, right?" She asked, giggling. He thought for a minute and looked at her. "Oops." He said plainly. "So why did you ask me to come over?" She asked "Not that I didn't want to come!" She quickly added. He laughed a little. Yes! I made him laugh! Laura thought. " um I uh I kinda feel like um that my family replaced me." Ross said really quietly, tearing up again. "Hey... Shhh... Don't cry.... Everything is gonna be alright..." Laura sang softly in his ear. He looked at her, then sang " I find it kinda funny and I find it kinda sad.... The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I ever had..." He's crying again. "No. Those are not the best you've ever had Ross. Their the worst! You're family may have moved on, but they could never ever replace you." Laura told him. Ross wiped his eye, trying to stop crying. "Thank you laur. You're amazing, and...and..a....wouldyouliketobemygirlfriend?" He said the last part really fast, but she still understood him. "Yes Rossy! I'll be you're girlfriend!" She yelled. He just laughed. "Now, how about you take a little nap. You look sleepy." He nodded and laid down. Laura laid next to him and snuggled into his chest. Ross smiled and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer. "Night laur-laur." He whispered. "Night Rossy." She whispered back. And they fell asleep.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while

Anyways✌

-Makay