Chapter 28: Let Me Tell You A Story

"And that's how I ended up meeting you guys."

Niall looks surprised. It seems that he is processing everything I told him in a matter of 15 minutes.

I explained to him how my life went before I was even in the Agency. I lived a normal life with my parents and annoying little sister. I was a normal child.

I mean, I still am, the only difference is that I'm an agent of the Central Intelligence Agency, I know the most famous boyband in the world and technically I'm taking care of them.

So yeah, not really much of a difference.

*Readers: Really Catrina. Really. -.-

Catrina: LET ME BE OKAY.*

Back in elementary school, I didn't get along much with my parents when my sister was born. I wasn't jealous because they would pay most attention to Amanda, I didn't care about that, actually. But since I was the older sister, I had to take more responsibilities and grow up faster than I was supposed to. My grandmother, who I got along with really well, had died by that time as well, so it was tough.

I didn't reacted well to her death, up to the point I ended up escaping from home during the middle of the night. I used to take walks down the town's park, jumping over people's house ceilings acting up as if I had super powers... I used to get in a whole lot of trouble due to those things.

I met some friends along the way. They were a little older than me, at first I was a little scared of them, because they used to fight in gangs, but they were nice to me... At least after I managed to beat up the guy who basically was 'in charge' of that group. I might or might not have had a crush on him along the way...

But that's another long story.

Anyway, I stopped escaping from home for a while after I started middle school. However, I kept getting in trouble in school, getting into fights and suspended... But, I was straight As and Bs student. For me it wasn't that strange, but for the rest of the school, my parents, and probably the whole town who knew me in some way, it kind of was.

Then, spring break of my 7th grade came by, and my parents decided to take a little cruise vacation, they asked me if I wanted to go with them, but I decided to stay at home and study for the state exams we were having when we came back from school. I told them myself to go without me, and after hesitating so much, they went.

And then, they dissapeared.

I told him also how I met Roseline afterwards, and how I trained for 4 years at the agency, as well as being homeschooled so I wouldn't have to repeat if I ever go back to school.

Niall listened closely to every detail I was giving him, he didn't ask a thing throughout the whole explanation. He focused on everything I say.

After I finished, he didn't say a word, he would only look down at his hands. I stare at him a little baffled, since he still wouldn't ask anything yet. "Um... Niall? Are you alright buddy?"

"Yeh... I mean... Wow."

"You know, you don't really have to feel sorry for me."

"Yeah I know, if I did you would probably kick my ass." He laughs.

"So... Do you have any questions?"

"Well, I do have one..." He says, as he stares at me straight in the eyes. "Why did you have to lie to us from the beginning? Why didn't you tell us you were a spy?"