Coach went over a few rules and regulations before letting everyone go to practice. Donghyuck was quick to run over to Taeil and introduce himself. However, Mark didn't know who or where Yuta was. There were too many faces, he couldn't distinguish them.

"Mark!" Someone called, waving him over near one of the many ice machines that scattered the room.

Mark guesses this is Yuta. The one with long white hair that partly covered his eyes. The one with the sweetest grin Mark had ever seen. Yuta seemed to glow like the sun itself and Mark was just simply a planet orbiting around him.

Mark can't compete.

Yuta handed him a rack of six bottles and grabbed his arm, pulling him quickly out the door. As they were walking, Yuta began to explain everything.

"I should probably introduce myself," He said with a smile. "My name is Nakamoto Yuta and I'm a sophomore. I started training as a Freshman, but I also trained all four years of high school as well. Coach Lewis is our head coach while Coach Klein and Coach Rose are assistants. There are thirteen others here, I won't bother naming them because you'll learn them soon enough."

Yuta seemed to be done as he eyed Mark expectedly.

Mark let out a cough, "Uh, it's nice to meet you. My name is Mark Lee, I transferred here from Colorado."

Yuta hummed, "I looked at colleges there actually."

"I'm glad you didn't choose to go there," Mark snorted. "That place is tragic."

Yuta grinned, "I'll take your word for it. Now help me set everything up.

Yuta led Mark through the usual routine. First, they set up the tables and coolers. Then, they set up the training table and start uncapping bottles.

"There's no rule as to who is required to fill the bottles, but you'll find that Johnny Suh is always the first to do so," Yuta said, pointing to the only guy with a pitcher in his hand.

Mark glanced over and finally let himself acknowledge the guy. He was tall, way taller than Mark. A black ball cap covered his hair, and he was the only one who wore a fanny pack tightly around his waist.

"He's the golden child," Yuta explained. "Lewis adores him, always picks him for everything and every sport. Not that Johnny is against it, he's the hardest worker out of all of us."

Mark nodded. He could see how that was true, he hadn't seen Johnny talk to anyone since he's been here.

"Before any of you losers call it, I'm taking receivers!" Someone suddenly called out, breaking the silence that had fallen over the group.

"Okay you lovesick boy," Johnny teased.

"Johnny, you're just jealous because Ten's not here."

"Jungwoo, Ten would die out here," Johnny laughed.

Jungwoo just shook his head, "Whatever you say."

Mark was slightly confused. Was Ten just a friend? It honestly wouldn't surprise Mark if Johnny did have a boyfriend. He seemed to be the guy everyone would want. Not like Mark would care.

"Before you ask, Johnny is dating Ten," Yuta said, seemingly answering Mark's unspoken question.

Mark nodded, "Why does it matter if Jungwoo covers receivers?"

Yuta grinned, "Jungwoo is dating Jaehyun, you'll probably meet him after practice. Jungwoo is utterly in love with him, it's honestly disgusting, but I'm happy for him."

"Is everyone taken around here?" Mark joked.

"Sorta," Yuta laughed. "Do you see the guy with the light blue hair? That's Jeno, he's dating Jaemin who is absent today. Expect to see him sulking at every corner. The black-haired one next to Johnny is Doyoung. He's currently pining over a dance major named Taeyong. You'll meet him tonight because he's helplessly in love with Doyoung. If those two don't get it together, I will personally lock them into a closet. Personally, I'm dating Sicheng. He's a dance major along with Taeyong."

Yuta took a deep breath, "My bad, that was a lot."

"No, you're good. Thanks for the small introductions," Mark said, patting his shoulder.

"Game time, boys!" Doyoung suddenly called out.

Mark looked quickly at Yuta, having zero clue about what was going on. Yuta ran off to grab two racks before heading back to Mark and handing him one.

"We're with o-line. Just follow me this week, you'll be okay."

-

Practice went smoothly despite Mark’s initial fears. Yuta told Mark many stories of himself and about the other trainers while Mark included some of his own. He told stories of him and Donghyuck and about his brother, Renjun, who was currently in New York. With the thought of Donghyuck on his mind, he reminders that he hadn’t seen the younger in a while. Once they finally finished up practice and headed downstairs, Mark immediately went to find Donghyuck. To be fair, it wasn’t hard. He was sitting on top of one of the tables while mindlessly scrolling through his phone. Donghyuck seemed to notice his entrance and immediately jumped to his feet.

“Markie!”

Mark couldn’t bring himself to complain, not when Donghyuck was hugging him as if he knew he was in desperate need of a hug. It was why they worked so well, they could read each other as if they were the same. Donghyuck was Mark’s puzzle piece and maybe Mark was his as well.

“How was practice?” Mark asked as they pulled away from each other.

Donghyuck broke into a stupid grin and Mark knew he was in for a rant.

“Taeil is quite literally going to be the love of my life.”

Mark let out a long exaggerated sigh.