26

"Varian," She started, "what happened to your goggles? Your mother's goggles?"

"Lance has them. I don't wear them while in armor." He replied.

She stepped towards him. "Do you...need be in armor right now? What are you afraid of? You have all the power."

"It looks bad if I'm not wearing it." He shrugged. "I'm leading my troops into battle. I'll put my goggles on later."

"Is this part of your destiny?" She asked.

"No, this is 1) keeping a promise and 2) I just want to." He stood up and walked closer to her. "Corona must fall for New Saporia to rise."

"Saporia?" Arianna frowned.

"That's right." Varian nodded. "Oh! By the way," He looked to his side. "Queen Arianna, I'd like you to meet my mentor."

A woman walked towards him and smiled. "Hello, Queen Arianna. I am Zhan Tiri."

"...So, you're Zhan Tiri." Arianna said, frowning. "you're the one that puts hurtful ideas into his head."

"I do no such thing! He asks me for help and I help him. He wanted to help protect his people, I told him about the power he has. He wanted to know the truth, I showed it to him." She said calmly.

"You showed him a misunderstanding! My husband was talking about rats, not people!" Arianna said firmly.

"And how long until 'Varian, can you exterminate these rats' turns into 'Varian, go wipe out everyone in this enemy village'?" Zhan Tiri retorted. "I have been around a very long time, Arianna. I have seen rulers exploit people that don't even have powers for their wars, you think he wouldn't use Varian at the first chance?"

"I..." Arianna faltered.

"Where is he, anyway?" Varian spoke up.

"He's gone into hiding." Arianna looked at him.

"Without you? So cold." Varian hummed.

"I chose not to go with him." She said firmly. "I chose to talk to you, instead. I thought I could talk you out of...this."

Varian walked over and stood at the top of the stairs. "Well, that's not happening. But, hey," He snapped his fingers and Arianna gasped as the black-rock deck created a cage around her, trapping her there. "Thanks for the extra playing piece!" He said cheerfully.

"Varian!" She gripped the bars.

"Don't even try it." Andrew walked up to her. "Nothing can break those rocks but Varian himself."

"Andrew, why don't you go down there and join the fun?" Varian smiled.

"Alright." Andrew grinned. "Cassandra, you coming?"

Cassandra laughed. "Someone's gotta watch the prisoners. You go have fun, baby."

He kissed her and then headed down. "WHOO! LONG LIVE NEW SAPORIA!"

"While he does that, I'll head into the castle." Varian said, nodding.

"The door is barricaded." Arianna told him.

Varian held out a hand and black rocks shot out of the ground, smashing into several castle walls. "Oh, look. I make my own doors." He cackled.

"Varian, no!" Rapunzel cried.

"You won't get away with this!" Eugene yelled.

"And who will stop me? Rapunzel already tried and failed!" He threw his hands up. "BECAUSE SHE WAS TOO COWARDLY TO FIGHT WITH ALL HER MIGHT!" He lowered his hands. "Me? I have nothing against hurting anyone." He started down the stairs. "See you guys later! Once I have the King in the dungeon, I'll bring you all in to watch as I remodel this place to my liking."