8. Interlude: Midnight Meeting

Start from the beginning

She lets a few seconds pass before replying, "yes, it is"

"You're doing a quite bad job at it"

"Same for you on keeping Mantle in check, I heard the crime rates were rising since your inauguration to be part of the council"

"W-we are handling that-"

"Badly, you are handling it badly. Don't spread the blame onto your robotic yes men and your Ice Queen, I pity them"

Ironwood, although still calm in composure, decided to raise his tone a bit in annoyance, "Are you really going to lecture me on how to do my job? You're not even educated!"

"I'm 20 years old and an unofficial student, I can say to myself that I'm getting one. But even without that, you'll still need lecturing"

"Are we really going to argue like this?"

"I'd say no," she responded, "but the puppets will always act the same as its master"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I've seen your persona everywhere, in your soldiers and robot army, General. It bores me to even talk to you after seeing every bit of you hundreds of times in those sorry toys of yours. You're boring and as you just said about your soldier, talkative"

"And now you are just insulting me"

"Yes, now I'm insulting you, you should be honored. Now, anything else you want to talk about, James?" She replied, a smug appearing on her face in a celebration of success in annoying him.

But, it was short-lived as he quickly responded, "yes, actually, I will share you one thing as an act of revenge"

"Oh really?"

A small smirk began to spread "Yes, really"

"Let's hear it then, what is the tin man without a heart trying to say in his defense?"

"Well...this may sound immature and inappropriate. But this tin man and his so-called metal puppets had archives of your daily private activities in this Academy. You should be honored that you are being watched so closely"

Her eyes widened, a small blush briefly appeared on her face as she refocused her face towards the elevator's door, "Fuck you, I'm telling Ozpin"

"And here I thought you hated him"

As the door finally opened with a ding, she responded before walking out, arms crossed, her opinion of him now plummeting drastically, "not as much as I hate you now, General"

Ironwood then proceeded to walk out of the elevator, satisfied with his comeback. Both approached the desk at the end of the office, the floor covered in running gears layered with durable glass as if there's a mechanism hidden beneath the very room they're in.

The chair that was facing the window swiveled to face them. But the blonde woman who stood beside the desk, Professor Glynda Goodwitch, spoke first, "you know that you are half an hour late, I thought both of you are more punctual than this" she said, arms crossed and eyes glaring, frustrated at the two.

"There are matters that I needed to handle, I apologize if that's what you wanted" Ironwood replied, before looking at Indigo, who was glaring at Ozpin sitting on his chair.

"Before we continue, I would like to file a complaint, James Ironwood here and his men had used their toys to violate my privacy by spying on me"

Ozpin raised an eyebrow, a bit bewildered before looking towards the culprit, "You did what?"