Her feet had clash out the chain that what seems to be holding her as she stumbled standing up like standing was something new to her body. Her strength didn't take long as her knees turn to jelly and fall to the cold ground landing by her hands once again.

It was like she run a mile catching her breath, relentless she look up but she got frozen in shock . She did got close to the light, it was only inches away from her but also everyone that is dumped to the corpse's mountain, their faces became closer, she can see their face covered with both dried and fresh blood running down .

Her tear slowly go down her cheeks as she realize a face that is constantly infront of her being squeeze by multiple body ,its her friend, Wei Wuxian.

"No..." she cried looking at her friend's lifeless body.

Trembling she tried reaching out her hand which is also covered by blood now trickling down her arm, as she finally touch the light the warm temperature from the unknown source of light radiates her skin. Lan Shanli faces her friend and her tears were non-stop. She don't know why but it was like her heart is being pulled down as well.

Lan Shanli's was only inches away from Wei Wuxian when the silence darkness started to make noise of footstep. Footstep echoed the dark room and her hand froze she look up and saw the shadow approaching the light so she back up, drag herself to the darkness once again with a fear in her face as the light touches the shadow and reveal itself.

His head were crumpled up as the face standing up on the spotlight next to the corpse is Wei Wuxian himself . Lan Shanli eyes confused averted her gaze to the corpse she accused as her friend but turns out it was her cousin, Wen Qing.

She gasp with eyes widen, "This... Its just an illusion." she convinced herself but her head were running circle and cannot understand anything her eyes is showing .

Wei Wuxian was in his stern face dots of blood scattered on his face as he continued to walk and now looking straight at her. He was carrying a what seems to be a lifeless kid. Lan Shanli tried to back away but her back got hit by an invisible wall to stop her from running away. Her heart was totally crazy almost breaking her own ribs as Wei Wuxian was now so close to her.

"Ww..." Lan Shanli tried to speak but no sound came up, she was about to shield her arms as Wei Wuxian bend down to her but Wei Wuxian just place to her arm the limp kid and slowly approch her ear , Wei Wuxian whispered incoherent word that Lan Shanli herself could not seems to understand or sink in. The only thing she notices is how cold the air Wei Wuxian is releasing as he whisper unaudible words.

Rather than running away or pushing her friend away out of fear her whole body seems like to froze in Wei Wuxian presence. As Wei Wuxian finally stand straight she look down to the kid that she is now carrying and her heart beat stop.

"Yu... A-Yuan?" She asked herself realizing her little brothers face.

Out of instincts she hugged her now cold pale brother , theres no stain of blood but the little boy was pale and lifeless . She was crying but all her sobs were so silent.

Wei Wuxian started to walk away from her and Lan Shanli thought that the horror ended but it seems like its not yet.

Body from the spotlight started to crumpled out of the pile ,one by one standing up crookedly and glance back at her with fire burning her skin.

Watching the Wen remnants corpses walk away creeps her to her spine and she was utter speechless and trying to hug more her brother to protect it to anything in this dark twisted world.

Love, Trauma, and Obsession (Jiang Cheng x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें