Chapter 2

.:. Okay, so I want to give a huge thanks to LaneyLouAdams for having an awesome name... just say it outloud!   Laney Lou.. Laney Lou...  Laney Lou :)  It's just soo catchy!!!!  Anyways, I got the name Laney from her so.. thank you Laney Lou :)  hehe!  Anyways, let's see...  Oh the Pythagorean Theory is a(squared)=b(squared) tiems c(squared  Please tell me if you like this story!  .:.

Chapter 2

            "Mom, where's my boot?  You know the black leather one?" I yell down the stairs as I rush around searching for my shoe before school. 

            "Uh, did you check behind the toilet?" she calls up the stairs and I stand up straighter.  Why would it be behind the toilet?  I grumble under my breath about crazy parents and kick open the bathroom door.  I stop dead in the doorway seeing my black boot hidden behind the toilet.

            "Hunter!" I scream while picking up my shoe.  I turn around to see my five-year-old brother running down the stairs.

            "Mamma, mamma," he screams on the top of his lungs.  "Help me, a monster's after me!" he screams in hysteria.  I chuckle under my breath as I hop on one foot and slip the black leather boot over my light skinny jeans.  I walk back into my room and snatch my black and pink polka dotted bag slinging it over my shoulder as I walk down the stairs.  I kiss dad on his head as I walk back the couch to get to the kitchen.

            "Good morning!" I say while kissing mom on the cheek and messing up Hunter's dark brown hair.  I sit down as mom sets a heaping plate of turkey sausage and bacon.  I smile up at her as I start to eat the scrumptious turkey bacon.

            "You need to leave soon," she says while giving me a look.  I groan and drop the bacon and grasp a glass of apple juice in my greasy hand before replying to her.

            "Why should I go?" I complain as I set down my juice.  "I mean, it's not like I fit in!"  Mom turns around to give me a look.

            "You're at the top of your witch class though!" she says and I glare at her.

            "Yeah, but it just comes naturally to me... too naturally," I mumble under my breath as I wipe my still greasy fingers on a white napkin.  Mom gives me a sympathetic look before returning to the stove.

            "That's just because your mother is a fabulous witch," she praises herself and I give a small chuckle.  I stand up and kiss her cheek again.

            "Whatever makes you happy," I say as she turns her green eyes on me sadly. 

            "It does," she mumbles but I ignore it and move into the living room.  I open up the closet taking out a black leather jacket to put over my blue tank top.  I reach around into my purse until I pull out some black fingerless knitted cloves that reach a few inches after my wrist.  I walk over to dad and kiss his head again.

            "Bye Dad, have fun at work!" I say as I rush out the door after him mumbling something.

            "Why hello there," says a false tenor voice.  I turn around to see my best friend, Laney, come up next to me, her curly red hair jumping a little.  I push my shoulder into hers and she pushes me back.

            "Hey," I say while sighing.  "You'll never believe what Hunter did this morning," I say as we walk into the hazy Monday morning.  In five minutes sharp, we're standing in front of the large oak door leading into the school.

            "Come one Adey," Laney whines as she tugs my hand into the school building.  I hate it when you have to go to school after a month break.  It's just... what's the word?  Annoying, horrifying, stupid, oh and let's not forget about unethical.  Yep... those seem to suit it quite perfectly.

            "But I don't belong here," I say as I follow her into the halls.  She stops and turns around to face me putting her hands on my shoulder looking my odd orange eyes with soft brown ones.

            "You do too," she says as she shakes my shoulder softly.  "You are the best witch this school has ever seen and you're only a sophomore!  You're even better than me!" she says and I push her arms off me.

            "That's my point!  It just comes too easily to me," I say making Laney squish her face up.

            "Well, your point is stupid, like cheese," she says trying to change the subject.  I sigh but let her change the subject as I stride down the halls with eyes glue to my back. 

***************** * *** ************************************

            "Adeline!" screams a voice.  I quickly sit up and look around the quiet classroom.  I smoothly wipe the small bit drool from my cheek.  I glance up at the teacher with a receding hairline and a mustache... and she's not a guy.  "Can you please answer this question?" she asks as she points to a math problem in front of her.  I squint my eyes at the triangle seeing how you can easily use the Pythagorean Theorem and did the math in my head. 

            "Easily, x equals 24," I say shrugging.   The teacher gives me a glare but nods her head.    

            "Correct, next time though, please refrain from catching up on your sleep in my classroom," she says and people burst into quiet giggles.  I sigh as I doodle in my notebook.  I drop my pen as I look at angel that I drew... again.  I sigh as I draw hearts bursting on the corner of the page and jump when the bell rings.

            "Sheesh Adeline, jumpy today?" asks Jonathon as he passes by me with a cute smile.  I almost melt in my seat when he turns around to look back at me.  "Can I walk you to your next class?" he asks as he wipes a hand to scare away those handsome black bangs.

            "Uh..." I say while practically drooling.  Hey, don't blame me; I've been in love with those stormy grey eyes since the first day of first grade!  I shake my head a little and gather my books.  "Sure," I say as I walk towards him.  He smiles down at me and grabs the few textbooks from my arms.  It's as if a choir is going, 'Aw,' in the background of my mind.  Oh wait, that might be because we just past the choir room...  "Thanks," I say blushing.

            "You have advance levitation next right?" he asks and my heart gives a squeeze.

            "Yeah," I say while taking out my curly black hair from its ponytail holder.  We walk down the busy hall and I can practically feel the glares burning into my head.

            "So..." he says nonchalantly as we step up to room number 209.   "What are you doing this Friday night?" he asks and I look down at my boots with a blush.  Is he seriously asking me out?  I thought he never even noticed me!

            "Uhm, catching up on my sleep since I can't do it anymore in math, why?" I ask and he smiles a winning smile to me.

            "I was wondering if you could help me on my... math?" he trails off in a question and I smile up at him.

            "Sure!  It's a study date," I say and then blush madly.  "I mean... it's the date of the week that we're going to study on!"  Smooth Adeline, real smooth. 

            "Great," Jonathon says as he steps back a few steps smacking the wall with a piece of paper.  "I'll see you then," he says while backing up.  I smile up at him as I back away into the classroom.

            "Yeah, bye," I say as the bell ring and the blood rushes out of his face.

            "Oh crap, I need to go!" he says as he turns around sprinting down the hall.  I smile at his shrinking figure.  I hit my head on the door holding my scream in.  I have a date!