Born on Death's Door... Literally

.:. Okay guys, I thought of this wicked new book that you're currently are reading.  Well, technically, I thought of a beginning, but let's just forget about that :)  I hope you guys like it!  I'm not sure if I'll upload soon, just if you guys give me back good comments :)

<3

Rachel .:.

Born on Death's Door... Literally

Chapter 1

            A newborn's cry rings through the silent night as Death himself gallops through the sleeping town; his horse breathing torment into those who see it; searching for a child.  A young woman, not yet twenty, shushes her beautiful child's cry. 

            "Sh, my Adeline," she says as she softly lay her newborn into a wooden basket.  "All will be well," she cries as she hastily kisses her daughter's head.  She turns to the witch nearby and nods her head.  The young brunette girl bends down and picks up the baby.  The baby starts to gurgle at the sight of the girl... her new mother.  "Hurry!" cries the young mother as she chases the girl and her baby, her Adeline out of the house.  She leans heavily on the doorframe as she watches their black silhouettes disappear into the dark forest in front of her. 

            Celeste falls to the rumbling ground crying for her daughter's sake.  She hadn't meant for any of this to happen.  It seems so wrong to have her baby taken from her just because of heritage.  She leans on the door trying to hold her cries for she knows that someone's searching for her Adeline, her precious Adeline.

            Closing in, Death rides up to a small cottage that was once his own and hears the satisfying sound of a broken soul.  He hops from his stead landing on the gravel with a crunch as he begins his walk towards the sound of Celeste.

            Celeste snaps her head up in time to see Death turn the corner.  She looks away quickly from his soulless black eyes as they show her death upon horrible death.  Standing up shakily, Celeste turns a confident look to Death as he steps in front of her in his overlapping black robes.

            "Where is she?" he asks impatiently making Celeste flinch.  His voice is the voice of nightmares, of horror movies, of killers.

            "You can't and won't have her!" she says confidently as she glares up at where his nose should be; making sure not to keep eye contact.  Celeste and many others will do anything to keep her child safe.  Death laughs triumphantly.  Who is she to think that he can't have her?

            "Oh Celeste," he says bitterly. "Stop playing and give her to me."  Celeste turns her pale green eyes up at him in a glaring way.

            "She's not here, and you won't be able to find her," Celeste tries to say but death has already came for her as Death himself closes his fist around her heart and thrusts her soul out of her and into him.  He sighs contently as the sweet soul fills him with new power.

            He turns around grumpily and heads back to his shadow horse.  He will have her, no matter what. 

.:. It will probably not be written in this way unless you guys like it like this.  I just wanted to be able to switch points of view and what not.  Pleasse comment and tell me what you think! .:.