Chapter 3 - Jeno

Lee Jeno took a look at the suit he was wearing. "Does it fit well?" the stylist asked, looking at the mirror and adjusting some parts. Jeno smiled and nodded. "Jeno the CEO," Na Jaemin chuckled with Haechan and Huang Renjun. Jeno simply ignored his fellow members and continued getting his hair done.

"I'm jealous you can go to the conference," Haechan whined.

"I think we all are," Zhong Chenle replied, not looking up from his phone but putting on a smile. The dressing room at the SM building fitted all seven NCT Dream members, with Jeno only being the one styled for the conference he was attending later that night. "It's just an investment conference; stop saying you're jealous if you're going to sleep 20 minutes into the presentation, Haechan," Jeno rolled his eyes and hid his laugh like the others. Haechan shrugged, knowing Jeno was stating facts.

"They finished your hair and makeup. You will be leaving in 15 minutes," the manager reminded, looking at the schedule on his phone. Jeno nodded and took a seat between Mark and Jisung. "What's the conference about anyways? We weren't given any information about it," Mark asked his younger member. Jeno thought about what was explained during a meeting with an SM executive and the other six representatives.

"SM's getting an investment by Choi K Group, the one who owns like hotels, casinos, restaurants, hospitals, etc. I think we go to their salons a lot, too," Jeno replied while watching Chenle's game. "But why the big conference? It's in a hotel, I looked up the venue, and it was huge. Other investments would usually be just another meeting with the executives," wondered Renjun, who was also in a game with Chenle and Jisung. "Did you hear Jeno? Look at what Choi K owns! SM can buy a bigger building and have twice more the comebacks each year with that investment," cheered Jisung. Everyone agreed.

"We have to go now; the other representatives are already on their way to the car," Jeno's manager told him, and he immediately stood up, tidying up his suit to leave no wrinkles. "I'll see you at home, guys. Good luck with the practice," Jeno giggled and was led out of the dressing room. He walked through the hallways and into the elevator, where he met Chanyeol. The two walked outside of the building and into the black van where Leeteuk and Ten were waiting.

"The girls are in another van; they went ahead," the manager said before closing the door and entering the front passenger seat. Chatter between the artists filled the car, revealing that age gaps were not a problem. The drive lasted for not more than 20 minutes; the hotel was filled with reporters and fans who must've heard that SM artists were coming to a conference at the Grand Summit Hotel. All seven artists stood in a line as the reporters took pictures of them.

The conference room was huge; the hotel usually used it for parties and weddings. It was located on the hotel's highest floor, where the windows would overlook the whole city. A security guard and a manager led the seven artists to a separate table close to the stage and screen. Jeno sat down quietly; the only one he was close to at the table was Ten and Winter; the others were his seniors. After almost waiting for 15 minutes, people began to stand up to greet a group of people who entered the door. They were a family; by looking at how people were welcoming them, Jeno guessed they were the president's family. The president was a tall and intimidating man, and he was maybe around his late 50s. His wife seemed calm and ladylike; she wrapped her arm around her husband's arm. Then came three women, who by age, Jeno guessed were the daughters. The oldest had a solemn and impatient face wherever she went but hid it with a smile. The second oldest, who looked around Jeno's age, was similar to the first, but she was much more outgoing and cheerful (or she was just too excited to even standstill). The youngest was younger than Jeno; she carried a shy character but held great respect and patience, totally the opposite of her older sisters.

"Please introduce yourselves to President Choi Dong Min's family," one of the managers said, and all seven of them stood up, heading to the president's table. "May we introduce our seven representatives of the groups in SM," said the manager who led them here. Jeno smiled from ear to ear and bowed respectfully before leaving to their table.

"They look so intimidating," Winter giggled.

"They do; they look like a very put-together family. I can't imagine the level of strictness in their household," Jeno chuckled.

"I guess we have one thing in common with them: strictness," Winter hid her laugh before anyone could see them both joking around. The conference started after a while. Jeno and Winter quieted down. The presentation was honestly both boring and informative for Jeno; he sat there and quietly played with the items on the table. He stole a glance at the Choi family and was surprised to see the youngest daughter listening eagerly and quietly. Even someone younger than him could go through this.

After what felt like 10 hours, the 3-hour presentation ended. Jeno noticed the youngest daughter hurrying to the side of the stage. As she stood there waiting, she opened a piece of paper and read it over and over again until the master of ceremonies called her. "Good evening, I am Choi Hyun Nam. Daughter of Choi Dong Min, the founder of Choi K Group, and I am speaking here today as a proud representative of the Choi K Group, as well as the future president of the company," the girl started, and Jeno joined in the clapping.

"You know what, I actually know her," Winter whispered to Jeno who raised his eyebrows out of curiosity. "She went to my high school, she was a year below me, but she was very popular. She would get good grades and everybody was friends with her, I could say Hyun Nam's quite... perfect," Winter sighed and smiled at her former junior. Jeno looked back at the girl standing on stage, delivering her speech with elegance but power, not showing the slightest hint of fear or anxiety. So her name was Hyun Nam, he thought.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3