Chapter 49 - Jeno

After Ilsung explained everything to his mother and brother, she went over to hug Mr. Jungho, thanking him for saving his son's life. Hyun Nam learned that her name was Hana and Ilsung's brother was Hyuntae. Hana came over to the sisters and apologized for causing their parent's marriage trouble, to which Eunkyung replied with a hug and a whisper to Hana which made her smile. She wanted to leave to make lunch, but she stopped when she saw Jeno. He knew Hana wanted to cry but her tears were already finished.

"And you. You were like my third son. Seeing you up there on the stage makes me happy. Before knowing Hyunshik was still alive, I wanted to thank you for living your life to the fullest for him," Hana said and gave Jeno a big hug. It caught Jeno by surprise, he thought Hana held a grudge against him, thinking that Jeno was the reason Ilsung died. He would've met her more often if he knew that she was okay with him.

"Wait here while I make lunch, it'll just be a while," Hana said. Jaemin and Eunkyung followed her, insisting on helping the older woman to cook. While they were gone, the guests looked around their Busan home. It was well-maintained and clean, it wasn't cluttered at all. Plants filled the living room, the sliding doors were open to reveal a small garden with a pond behind the house. They were living peacefully here, she could tell.

"Hyuntae, I'm alive, right? See?" Ilsung smiled at his little brother who frowned.

"I'm still mad at you. You promised to cook your famous tomato soup but now I haven't eaten it in years, Hyunshik," Hyuntae said, but Jeno knew Hyuntae had actually missed Ilsung a lot. Ilsung didn't mind his family calling him Hyunshik, they were an exception. Jeno sat on the floor, Hyun Nam leaning on his body while they both listened in the conversation.

"I'm sorry. Anyways, you haven't officially met Jihyeon and Hyun Nam, Eunkyung's in the kitchen. They're my father's other daughters, that means they are your..." Ilsung looked at both Jihyeon and Hyun Nam, looking for an answer.

"We're your non-blood-related sisters if you allow us to be," Hyun Nam smiled and Hyuntae seemed to like that. When Hyun Nam first met Ilsung, he explained that his younger brother wasn't Father's son but someone else's, but his father left him with Hana alone.

"And I think you remember, Jeno. He came over to our old house often and played with you, too. I remember him bringing you to SM when I was at work right?" Ilsung said, facing Jeno who stared at the two brothers. Jeno didn't feel mad at Hyuntae, he would want to get revenge on the person he thought killed his sister. He just wanted Hyuntae to stop and understand that he's innocent.

"I think you owe him an apology, Hyuntae," Ilsung smiled softly at his brother who was too scared he couldn't meet with both Jeno and Ilsung's eyes.

"No hard feelings, really. Though I was kind of pissed, but I'm alright now. It's okay," Jeno reassured Hyuntae with a comforting laugh which made Hyuntae bow down on the floor saying 'sorry'. He felt relieved that nobody was threatening him anymore. Jeno was on a break, saw his old best friend, made up with his best friend's brother, went to Busan with his girlfriend, and now they were eating a feast Jaemin, Eunkyung, and Hana made. It felt like a fever dream, he couldn't stop smiling and his hold never left Hyun Nam.

---

Ilsung promised his mom and brother that he would be back after helping his sisters. The group left for the sisters' new house and it was shockingly beautiful. Jeno had always liked medium-sized modern homes, and this was one of them. The exterior walls of the house were made out of bright wood and the gate walls were made out of grey bricks. The house had 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms, complete with 2 living rooms, an office, a kitchen, a dining room, and a garden (with a pond). Jeno could imagine himself growing old in a house like this, he definitely could.

The moving company arrived just in time as they all unloaded the trucks, but there weren't many things, to begin with, either. When they went inside, the house was already furnished and decorated, just like how Jeno saw in the picture Hyun Nam gave him.

"I love it so much, Ilsung!" Hyun Nam said after a round of running from room to room. She gave her brother a big hug, thanking him for getting the house of her dreams. Seeing that made Jeno smile because even from all the bad things her father did, she still had the ability to laugh. That's why Jeno loved her.

"Where should I put these books?" Jeno asked Hyun Nam, entering her room. Yes, her new room didn't have shining marble floors or high ceilings with a tall window, but it was enough for her and Jeno thought so, too. Ilsung had ordered a huge bookshelf for Hyun Nam, knowing her interest in books, and that made Hyun Nam's big smile bigger.

"Here, here! Thank you," Hyun Nam exclaimed as Jeno brought the boxes. Hyun Nam started on the bottom while Jeno started on the bottom. One by one, the two filled the bookshelf and met in the middle. They went on the next one, and met in the middle, smiling every time their eyes met. All of a sudden, Jeno had the urge to hug Hyun Nam. He didn't know for what reason, but he just wanted to.

"Is this a sentimental gesture or...?" Hyun Nam laughed as she put her arms around Jeno, equally pulling him in a tight hug.

"I don't know. You just look so cute and happy, I want to wrap you in my arms and never let go," Jeno mumbled and Hyun Nam thought he was actually being serious because he didn't stop holding her. There was some truth in his words, he indeed didn't want to let go.

The time was 6 o'clock in the afternoon when the sisters and Mr. Jungho finished unpacking and decorating their new house with their things. Jaemin and Jeno had gone out to the supermarket near their house to get some groceries for dinner that night. Ilsung had gone back to his mother's house, staying there for the night before leaving tomorrow. Jeno and Jaemin were staying in the living room at Hyun Nam's house. As the two boys neared the house, Jaemin stopped his friend from walking.

"Are you a thing now? With Hyun Nam?" Jaemin asked because he never got the chance to be with Jeno alone. Jeno replied with a smile and nodded, now facing his friend as if he was ready for the questions.

"Well, I'm happy for you, dude. She's a good person, so treat her well."

"Thanks. I will, I hope I am," Jeno said and they suddenly got into a hug. For some reason, Jaemin and Jeno had the urge to cry in each other's arms.

"It's just that, it's great seeing you like this. Not with the whole performances and practices. Just the normal Jeno I met the first time," Jaemin smiled as he let go of his friend as if handing him over to the love of his life.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3  Sorry for posting this late! Will be posting two chapters today and the last tomorrow :)