Chapter 27 - Hyun Nam

"You still have to show some respect, Ilsung dear. Ji Hyeon and I are still older than you. And though Hyun Nam's younger, not a single ounce of respect should be gone for her as well," Eunkyung said, moving closer to her younger brother. Though he was 3 years younger than Eunkyung, he was still a bit taller than her by approximately 2-3 inches. Eunkyung was tall, to begin with, so she didn't back down by the sight of him.

"Oh, you're very intimidating, Eunkyung," Ilsung chuckled. Though she still wasn't too pleased in meeting her older brother, Hyun Nam looked forward to what he has to say about Father and his stories. She was starting to like having an older brother though they shared only half their blood.

"I had my secretary book a restaurant here. I hope your car fits us all," Ilsung smiled and proceeded to walk out the lobby. The three of them stood silently before following him outside.

"What do you think?" Ji Hyeon asked her sisters.

"Meh," Eunkyung and Hyun Nam answered at the same time.

"But Mr. Jungho was right, he's quite dashing," Ji Hyeon added.

"Wonder what his mother looks like," Eunkyung said, arriving at their car. Mr. Jungho walked out of the car to take Ilsung's suitcase. Ilsung smiled brightly at Mr. Jungho and patted him on the back. Mr. Jungho smiled back.

"Long time no see, old man!" Ilsung exclaimed, pulling Mr. Jungho into a hug. The scene made the three sisters jump, they didn't expect the two to hug. They came thinking they would only have an only hand-shake relationship, now they saw their driver embracing the brother they never knew of.

"My friend owns this place, he booked us a table and said everything on the menu was for free," Ilsung smiled, but when the sisters saw the prices on the menu, they glanced at each other. The food wasn't too expensive for them but it was expensive enough for someone to let customers eat for free. They guessed that his friend might be very close to him or he might've owed Ilsung big time.

"So, I'll allow you to ask me questions before we get on into the actual business," Ilsung grinned and gesturing Eunkyung to start.

"We want proof that you're our brother first," Eunkyung started. Hyun Nam was confused about what Eunkyung was feeling right now. She saw anger in Eunkyung's eyes but also worry and concern for Ilsung. He took out some documents including his birth certificate.

"Why does it say that Mr. Jungho here is your father?" Hyun Nam asked him, confused at her chauffeur's name is on her brother's birth certificate.

"You think our dad wanted his name there, hell no. He wanted to get rid of me, Mr. Jungho helped my mom and signed the birth certificate himself," Ilsung said. The sisters looked over to their chauffeur who was sitting at the table next to them, he nodded.

"Were you in Shanghai because you wanted to escape Dad? Is your mother staying with you?" Ji Hyeon asked.

"Exactly. My mom is here in South Korea but her location shall never be disclosed. I separated from her when I was in my senior year of high school. Mr. Jungho helped me with everything," Ilsung replied and his once prideful smile became a smile filled with gratitude. He turned to his only younger sister, his face changed into a loving and proud look as he waited for Hyun Nam's question.

"I'm just glad you're here," Hyun Nam smiled. Truthfully, Hyun Nam had a lot of questions but she wanted to wait until they were in a more private area. It was also because she was completely devoured by her joy of having an older brother.

"Let's talk business, now. Why did you come here and asked to meet us? After all this time," Eunkyung asked. Her question only made Ilsung's smile grew wider, it changed from being prideful to loving and now mischievous.

"I'm going to help you get back at our father. We can work together and-"

"Why do we need to get back at our father?" Eunkyung asked, biting her lower lip to keep in all her father's secrets. Ilsung arched his eyebrows and pulled out another set of documents.

"Inside here is proof of your father's corruption, some of them include money laundering, your mom's assets, and your growing start-up, Eunkyung," Ilsung said which Eunkyung took by surprise, knowing that the only people who knew about her start-up were her family. The sisters opened the documents and it was filled with all the illegal activities Father had done but covered up. Seeing how he used Mother as a scapegoat and as a shield made the sisters furious.

"Not only that, I know what he does to all three of you," Ilsung added, staring at the bandages on Hyun Nam's hands though she tried to cover it up with a coat.

"What do you have against him? I mean besides... " Eunkyung said, not allowing herself to continue.

"You can say it. Besides the fact he tried to kill me, he banished my mother and took all her hard work. My family can't even eat unless I send money to them every once in a while. This is all just to help with our case," Ilsung pointed at the documents and gave each of the sisters a folder filled with copies of what they have seen.

"I have a plan, so we can meet again if you're on board. So now, we can just talk casually as siblings. Oh, and don't think of stabbing me in the back," Ilsung chuckled and began eating his meal.

---

"I don't feel this is right, Eunkyung. He's still our dad after all. He gave us food, shelter, and all those expenses for our education," Hyun Nam exasperated and sat down on her bed. She sighed and sat down beside Hyun Nam. Eunkyung always knew how to deal with Hyun Nam, with gentle words and reassurance.

"I know how you're feeling. I feel a tiny bit the same way, but aren't you sick of all of this?" Eunkyung threw her hands up in the air.

"A part of us will always love him as our dad but he's shown little to none for us. I hate feeling like I'm suffocating. I hate knowing that my every move is judged and seen by his spies!" Eunkyung finally had the chance to let go of all of the things she felt after many years she cooped them up for the sake of the family. Hyun Nam was happy that she was doing it in front of her.

"Hyun Nam, look at me. Don't you want to live? Live without the pressure of having him breathe down our necks. These bruises are all ridiculous, he made his mark on us, don't you want to break free?" she said, her eyes glistened as she rolled up her sleeves and reveal only some of the things their father does to her.

"And to fall in love. To not have a guy picked for you and have your whole life planned. I know how it feels to fall in love, Hyun Nam. It's beautiful and I'm willing to do anything so you can feel it at least once in your life," she said, wiping off a tear before holding Hyun Nam's hand tightly.

"If we go through with this, we're not only doing this for us. We're doing it for Mom. For her bruises. We're doing this for all the people he has wronged, okay? So are you in? I'm not if you don't do this with us, but remember that this is an opportunity we may never have again," she smiled, asking for an answer.

Hyun Nam felt it. She felt the anger rise in her, the anger she always had but couldn't feel or address. Though she knew she wanted to do this for Mom, Ilsung, and her sisters, the invisible string was pulling her again. It tugged her towards her other intentions. She tried to forget about it but the invisible string didn't allow her to. She wanted to do it for her life, too. Whatever it would be like in the future, it had him in it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3