Chapter 57| Letter

Start from the beginning

"I guess you're right." he shrugged and I watched him in the mirror for a split second before swiping the mortarboard off the table and turned to him.

"I don't give a fuck really," I said, "but how come you weren't bothered that Tracy and I started dating?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he snorted, "Before you came to this school, I tried to have Anna but got a bottle of water emptied on my head. Yet, she flung her arms all over you two weeks after you joined us.

Ella was the popular chic with the highest standard, infact rumored to be acquainted with a young famous actor. I tried my luck with her and got laughed off. We all knew she was on to you the moment you stepped foot into our class and you guys ended up dating even for a short while. Suzan, the queen snob was feared by just about everyone in school. Turns out, you both had a thing in the past.

It's like no matter what you do or don't do, these girls throw themselves at you. The first time I met Tracy, you were at her place. Even though you said what you said, I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before she succumbed to you a–"

"She didn't succumb to anyone. Tracy's not like the rest of them." I countered.

This was a girl that scrunched her nose when I cussed or made explicit innuendos. Comparing her to the other girls was a huge mistake on his part.

"Point is, I was only trying my luck. I did like her but the way she was always lost staring at you when you weren't watching just made me realize I didn't have a chance with her." he said and I frowned.

"But you were saying those shits about liking her back at the resort."

"She told you?"

bitch, I was there.

"I wasn't blind to your intentions." I said instead.

"I mean, yeah I did. Would rather give it a last shot than give up halfway, right? Besides, we were all expecting you to reunite with Anne so I felt, why not?"

Sighing, I fumbled with the cap in my grasp and was glad I didn't have to fight with Charlie over Tracy like I did with Richard. As if reading my thoughts, he piped again.

"Don't get me wrong, I want to throw my fists in your face for always stealing my girls away. But they all made their choices and I respect them. The next time I'm girlfriend hunting, I'll make sure she doesn't get to know you." he smiled and I smiled back, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

Tracy wasn't giving in to my attempts to make her curse and I wasn't going to give in to her habits either. The speakers suddenly came alive and the mic test started.

"Where are the rest?"

"Outside." he answered, "Busy eating their girlfriend's faces off. Why do you think I'm here?"

"Stop whining." I chuckled at his bitter look, "There are plenty of girls swooning over you. You were the one being picky."

"They're not my type." he retorted.

"Says the guy that just wants to fuck."

"No Chris, I choose with my heart now not my dick."

"Sure." I laughed, "Whatever you say."

Just as I thought we were the last people not inside the hall yet, someone scurried into the dressing room. He searched the name tags on the gowns to find his from the small pile left hanging in the closet. We silently watched him find his gown and got startled when he turned to see us.

It was Tunde. The most quiet kid of our science class. I recalled the nasty comments he made about Anna when she was kicked out of biology class for slapping Timothy.