☾ sixty - one ☾

Start from the beginning

_

"Oh, it's already time!"

"I will send a letter in advance for the next tasting event!"

All the tea tasting members were saying their goodbyes one by one.

"Next time, can I write a letter?"

The blushing Veronica made Juvellian turn her head slightly to the side.

"Of course."

Veronica's expression turned bright.

"I'll see you next time!''

As Veronica went out, only two people were left in the drawing room.

Max stared at Juvellian gently.

< I heard that the Empress Dowager was reluctant to accept the Prince. >

When he thought of those words, a bitter smile came to his lips.

< Don't come to my palace again, you won't know when I will try to poison you. >

Isabel knew she wasn't able to use force, but nonetheless she tried to destroy the spirit of the young Crown Prince.

'The Crown Prince is violent and has a cruel heart without any blood or tears.'

That method was used to spread rumors about the Crown Prince with malice.

At first, he was angry and falsely accused, but nothing changed.

So what he chose to do instead was to be insensitive towards the rumors directed at him.

It wouldn't get any better if he paid attention to them.

Moreover, he thought it wasn't good for him to turn into a cold-blooded monster with no blood or tears like the rumor said.

He thought risking his life would be better.

< I haven't seen him in person yet, so wouldn't it be too early to jump to conclusions? Maybe he's more generous than we think. >

But when Juvellian stood up for him, something filled his chest and shook him greatly.

It was a weird feeling.

'Why are you different from the others?'

Max stared at Juvellian with deep eyes.

Then Juvellian turned her eyes towards him.

He could have avoided them but the desire to look straight into her eyes overtook him.

At the moment of eye contact, his heart thundered and rang loudly.

'Do you feel the same way as me?'

That's what he hoped, but Juvellian's grumbling made him stop his thoughts.

"Haa, I'm going to be in a tight circle."

'What's wrong with social activities?'

Max closed his mouth before he tried to ask casually.

Come to think of it, her behavior has always been strange.

When she was alone at the ballroom, and at the tea party, she only answered other people's questions but never spoke to them first.

Suddenly, the gossip he had heard about her before came to his mind.

< Actually, the only reason I'm interested in this banquet is because of Princess Floyen. >