chapter 3

shikadai was in a hurry. he had fallen asleep while packing although temari had said many times to start packing earlier than ten minutes before bed time. he also had to go get inojin if he didnt realize to come there himself. 

"shikadai.. inojin is at the door"

temari said and shikadai nodded. he stood up and ran to the door getting stopped by his fathers shadow jutsu.

"no running inside shikadai.."

"yeah yeah but inojin"

shikamaru smirked letting his son go. inojin had been waiting behind the door which was soon opened by shikadai. both of the boys greeted each other walking further in, meeting other members of the household. he had a light purple colored bag with him which had a little cat sticker on it. inojin sat by the kitchen table on the same spot he sat yesterday placing his bag next to him waiting for shikadai to join him. shikadai said his goodbyes to his father sice he wouldn't see him anytime soon.

"bye now.. and dont be a drag to uncle-gaara."

shikamaru  smiled patting shikdais head. Shikadai smiled back at him and went to the kitchen where his friend was.  shikadai sat next to inojin who nervously smiled at him.

"dont worry inojin. it will be alright uncle is not mean or anyhting"

inojin sighted.

"i know.... also about the hug yesterday im-"

"lets start going then"

gaara interrupted inojin and the boys nodded. shinki was already waiting in the hallway for inojin and shikadai.

_________________________________

the boys get into one of the trains that goes straight to the sand village. shinki sat right next to his father and the window. opposite of him there was shikadai between inojin and the window.

gaara tried to start a conversation.

"inojin..... inojin"

he started, tapping his index finger on his left thigh. the man who is known as the prince of the sand gourd and a kazekage was quite bad at two things. starting conversations and  deciding a good looking haircut.

"you're the son of sai, aren't you?"

"y-yes."

inojin nodded seeing a warm smile slowly crawl on the kazekages face.

"i see. well then i'll be treating you good since sai was a team mate of naruto."

inojins face turned weird and shinki was ready to  explain.

"father is obsessed with the lord seventh. i hardly know why."

inojin nodded and gaara tapped his leg one more time before letting out a small chuckle.

"i wouldn't call it an obsession. he simply changed me as a person.. its a long story with a happy ending."

___________________________

the train finally arrives it's destination after three painful hours of listening to gaara talk about naruto. gaara is the first one to step out shinki right behind him, shikadai lazily following having inojin right behind.

they take a long walk around the beatiful sand filled and most definitely dry village. gaara showed around the village to the two finally making it to his own apartment located right next the kazekage building- kankuro also lives there.

"we're back"

gaara softly mentions as they walk into the apartment  and kankuros head popped from the corner.

"hi... hey did temari get a another kid?"

"no. this is inojin, shikadais friend"

kankuro slowly nodded fully coming out from the corner.

"hi kid. what you see right here is a cool uncle since gaara didnt want that part"

kankuro smirked before shinki mocked him. again.

"atleast he's a father."

"ouch-"

kankuro paralyzed in place and gaara, inojin and shikadai walked by him.

"you wont mind sharing a bedroom?"

both of the boys shake their heads and carry their bags into the nice, red colored room- gaara said once that  if its not red he doesnt want it. shikadai sits on the bed yawning and noticing how inojin took out a purple sketchbook and started sketching something.

"who's that." 

shikadai could see a harsh sketch of a person leaning against something.

"its shinki."

shikadai nodded focusing back on his stuff- the new game boruto and he bought together.