Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"So you're telling me that you almost kissed your doctor?" Victoria Hyatt shrieked as she nearly toppled a plate of freshly baked cookies. She was sitting on Tristan's bed with her legs crossed, flipping through the pages of a magazine that had been sitting on top of Tristan's English homework. It was L magazine, a publication aimed at lesbians and bisexuals, and Victoria was flipping through the pages, annoyingly comparing the stories and the women in the magazine to Tristan, who rolled her eyes at each successive question.

Tristan shook her head at Victoria's screech and held her head in her hands, thankful that her step mother wasn't home to hear the newest news. In reality the news wasn't new but Tristan had been cradling it to herself for almost a week now, and after telling Victoria how she'd been caught fucking around with Kinley and now her step mom new she was a lesbian, she'd decided to go all out and tell Victoria everything that she had missed. Victoria had listened wide eyed to her account of leaving the house and how her sister had stood up for her, only stopping Tristan to ask if Kinley and her were a couple now.

"No, we're just friends," Tristan tried to explain, knowing Victoria wouldn't understand.

Tristan finally spilled the beans when Victoria started to pry. She could tell something was wrong with her friend, something that went beyond being sad about her step mother or confused about her feelings for Kinley.

"Well Sharon's making me go see something psychoanalyst," Tristan said reluctantly. Victoria nodded, "And well...she's fucking hot."

Victoria cocked her head to one side as she grinned. "How hot? How old is she?"

Tristan shook her head, laughing. "Seriously, Tori, if I didn't know better I'd assume you were gay," she smiled. "She's pretty damn hot, and I don't know like, thirty?"

"So...are you gonna tap that ass?" Victoria questioned, unaware that she had just struck a nerve.

Tristan made a face and then peered over at her friend, who's eyes went wide as quarters. "Tristan--"

"Come on, Victoria, please--" Tristan started to backtrack before her friend went ballistic.

"You already tapped that ass?" she blurted, tossing the magazine aside and leaning forward enthusiastically.

Tristan bit her lip and looked away, feeling her cheeks burn bright red as she thought about how much she wanted to "tap Doctor Addison's ass". "No, but we did almost kiss."

That's when Victoria screeched. She apparently had been bluffing when it came to tapping ass, and now that the truth was out and she knew what really happened, she was far from speechless.

"Tristan you almost kissed a thirty year old doctor? Tristan! Don't you know how much trouble she could be in? Gosh, but what was it like? I mean, how hot is she really? What's her name? Did she try to kiss you back? What if you go back and she wants to date you? Doesn't she know you're only seventeen?" Victoria went on and on with the same questions that Tristan had been asking herself for a week. Tristan held her head in her hands and waited for her friend to run out of questions before she started to answer.

"Geez, you really know how to put a girl at ease," she said sarcastically. "Yes, I almost kissed a thirty year old doctor, yes I know how much trouble she could be in, yes she's fucking hot, yes she wanted to kiss me back, yes she knows Im seventeen," Tristan tried to hit all the yes or no questions first. "Her name is Darien Addison, she works over at the hospital."

Victoria looked astounded. "Would you date her?"

"I think the question is would she date me, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't," Tristan corrected and answered. She hung her head, telling Victoria the same thing she'd been telling herself. "What do I possibly have to offer her? I mean, Jesus, Tori, she's a doctor, why would she ever want anyone like me?"