Foreword

This is a story about friendship.

And not just a fictional friendship - a real friendship.

In 2015, @Smile_its_Elli wrote The Star of Gryffindor, the first installment in a seven book second generation Harry Potter series. We didn't know each other then. But four-ish years later, when I picked up the HP books for the first time, our budding friendship was growing into something much deeper with the help of the Wizarding World and the coronavirus pandemic, among other things. Of course, once my friend shared with me that she wrote books about the HP second gen, I had to read them. We joke now that we could spend hours just talking about the characters and story ideas, which definitely is one thing we like to do when we get together.

This short story is a tribute to that friendship. Originally, it was just a little gift with inside jokes from me to her. (A thought experiment or daydream, if you will.) But then we started talking about how these characters and the GryffinGang would technically be crossing paths several times throughout the series. You don't have to have read The Star of Gryffindor  to enjoy this fic, but I do encourage you to check it out afterwards, if you haven't already. I think you'll enjoy this story much more if you do. (Also, all the characters and timelines are based on the canon from those books and do not necessarily line up with actual HP canon.)

Also for reference: this story takes place during the 2016-2017 school year at Hogwarts.

All that being said, I must note: PLEASE no spoilers for any of The Star of Gryffindor books! Just in case any of the readers here haven't yet gotten through the series. I would say it's okay to comment about scenes in that series that don't have any important plot-significant revelations, but please be careful about which characters you mention (and how you reference them) and what events you talk about. Feel free to just reference chapter numbers if you want to be extra safe. Thank you!

So whether you're reading this because you're a Star of Gryffindor fan or whether you just wanted to read a fun little story with Teddy Lupin in it, I hope you enjoy this look into one of Hogwart's hidden friend groups. And for all my fellow Ravenclaws out there - this one's for you.

Ultimately, I pray that you all have someone in your life with whom you can share your love of reading or fanfiction or Harry Potter. Because there's more to life than just reading words on a page that some random person wrote. We weren't created to live this life alone. Share this with your friends. Live life together. Believe in Something Greater.

And Obey the Ministry (or Don't, if you know what I mean.)

Thanks for reading!

Grace & peace, <3 inked_depths