𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐚'𝐬 | 𝟐𝟔 (𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭)

Start from the beginning

"okay take care." Haru said and ended the phone after having a minute talk. "you're done for this week." he told you. you hummed and stood up to exit—Haru following behind you.

"Mrs. (l/n)? Mr. Shimizu?" an old male voice that you just passed said behind you. you and Haru both turned around. "my—i didn't expect to see you two in California. do you remember me? i'm Mr. Sugawara. well you might know my son Koshi—but i used to see Haru in his high school days and (y/n) when she would visit her father's company."

"oh yes, it's a pleasure to see you Mr. Sugawara. assuming from seeing you here—you're on a business trip?" Haru and you both bowed.

"yes," he bowed. "i'm with my son, he went to the men's restroom real quick but we have a meeting. how long are you two in California? we should get dinner." the old man smiled showing his teeth.

"my hospital is actually a few minutes away from here, i live in California. but (y/n) is here for a business meeting which shes substituting for her father. she's going to be here for some time. we should definitely get dinner—but you should get to your meeting." Haru bowed.

"sorry, that took longer than expected." another male's voice said behind you. "oh

(y/n)." it was Koshi Sugawara.

"Sugawara," you bowed. "nice to meet you again." you gave him a smile.

"oh that's right you told me you met her a few weeks ago." her father said butting in. "well, here's my number." he handed Haru a card. "let me know your schedule and let's go to that dinner." you and Haru both nodded with a smile planted on your face. "also you two look really nice together." the smile on your face dropped.

Haru cleared his throat and didn't say anything besides bow. the Sugawara's both bowed and turned to go to their meeting and you and Haru exited the building.

the car ride was silent. who would want to go to a dinner—especially with Haru. so you were dreading it. going back to the house, Oikawa wasn't in the room or in the house. you presumed he was at his sisters so you didn't do anything but change out of your clothes into something more comfortable and then lay in bed.

you had woken up at nine AM so you ended up falling asleep from being tired. when you woke up, you were laying on Oikawa's chest and he was taking a nap too.

you laid up and rubbed your eyes. you turned on the tv because you didn't like the silence and needed background noise. you went on your phone and started texting Bokuto. he would check in with you, mostly about you and Oikawa but you still talked about other things.

at times, you wished you could tell Bokuto about Oikawa but you knew he would freak out and tell you to run away like a normal person. it was honestly hard not being to talk about this life to anyone and keeping everything to yourself.

you had a confused look on your face when you received a message on your phone's messages.

Koshi Sugawara
hey it's Koshi Sugawara. i might've asked around for your number...

you let out a small giggled and started typing.

Y/N L/N
it's fine lol
you could've just asked

yeah but it would've been
weird with Haru next to you

but it's fine
wasn't that hard lol

correct me if i'm mistaken
you two are together?

oh my god-
no no