River's mom has gorgeous wavy light brown hair that goes down to her waist. Her brown eyes sparkled as she laid eyes one me.

His Dad has dark brown hair and a light stubble across his chin. His dark green eyes are hard and cold, hiding every thought that's running through his head. Despite a few wrinkles, he looks young.

River is a perfect mix of the two. He has his Dad's hair and mom's eyes, with the exception of small speckles of green in them

They came in my direction and I instantly stood up, holding my hand out.

His Dad took it first and firmly shook it, squeezing a little to tightly for my liking.

"Alexander," he introduced.

"Cove," I said softly.

I then turned to his mom. Instead of grabbing my hand, she pulled me into a hug.

"Oh you're so beautiful. Thank you for taking care of my son, sweetheart. I'm glad he found someone like you."

She squeezed me tightly while I awkwardly rested my hands on her back.

"Mom!" River groaned after almost a minute, making me giggle.

"Sorry, sorry." She pulled away, patting my shoulder before stepping back.

"I'm Rose. We should start dinner while it's still hot."

River told me that a few chefs are staying at their house while his parents are here. They're the ones who cooked this dinner.

As we walked to the kitchen, I unconsciously scooted closer to River. He smiled and comfortingly rubbed my hip.

His Dad sat at the head of the table, while his Mom sat to the left. Azzy sat next to his Mom, I sat across from her and River sat on the right of his Dad. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense).

Two chefs came and served us plates loaded with food. Pasta, Meatballs, chicken, rice, ravioli, green beans, you name it. I most definitely won't be able to finish this, but I'll try my best.

His mom started a light conversation with Azzy about school while I kept silent, distracted by the delicious plate of food in front of me.

"So Cove, do you go to the same school as River?" Rose asked.

My eyes immediately snapped up and I took a second to swallow my food before responding. Why do people always ask questions when you're in the middle of chewing?

"Yes."

"That's great, are you in any of the same classes?"

"Yes, we have the same Math and English classes."

"That's good."

I nodded and smiled politely.

Dinner went on for another hour. I kept feeling a stare at my head every time I looked down. I quickly realized that it's Alexander's.

"Well, how about we go out to the living room so the staff can clear the table and set out dessert?" His mom suggested.

"Yeah sure, that sounds good," River agreed.

She smiled and stood up, taking his dad's hand and walking off to the the living room.

River came behind me and pulled back my chair, allowing me to stand up.

"Thank you," I whispered. He nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me out to the living room.

Azzy followed behind us and sat down on a love seat. Since his parents are sitting at the main couch, we sat down at one to the side.