Chapter 3 : The Hidden Leaf village

Days have passed since Aashi was found by Kakashi Hatake the copy ninja. The Hokage heard of Asahi and visited him in the hospital every day hoping he would wake up soon so he could ask him questions.

He walked into his room and sat beside his bed in a chair. The nurse told him about his condition. He was sickened at how bad the child looked.

He had a strange liquid flowing in his blood that had him completely knocked out for five days now. He was dehydrated and was suffering from malnutrition. It was obvious that he was homeless. He noticed how pale his skin was, but the nurse said it was naturally pale. He ran his hand through his red hair feeling sympathetic towards Asahi.

"Don't worry young one. You are safe now. You are in good hands," he said with a compassionate smile on his face as he looked down at Asahi who was still knocked out.

After 30 minutes the hokage saw Asahi's eyes opened open for a few seconds then close again. His face cringed at the bright light in the room.

"So you are finally awake?"

Asahi looked over at the hokage with wide eyes.

'This must be the hokage father has told me about.'

The hokage looked at him with curiosity. There aren't many people in this world with golden snake eyes.

"Where am I?" Asahi asked rubbing his eyes.

The hokage gave him a soft smile.

"You're in the Village Hidden in the Leaves. I am the Hokage; the leader of the village. One of my shinobi found you on his way back home from a mission and brought you here. I will have the nurses take a look at you then I want you to answer some questions for me," He said as the nurses walked inside.

Once he left the nurses, the nurses started looking at Asahi checking for any signs of injuries. He was sore from some bruises he had from training and winced from their touch.

"Alright young one, we are going to let you rest and bring you some food. When was the last time you are honey?"

"About a week or so," Asahi replied in a quiet tone. He wasn't much of a talker around people he doesn't know.

"Alright, we're are going to give you some food, but if you want more just ask."

The nurses left the room and the Hokage walked back in and sat back down in the chair.

"So, before I ask you some questions, what is your name?"

"A-Asahi Uzumaki," he answered playing with his fingers nervous about messing up his mission, and just the fact he was talking to a stranger.

"Asahi Uzumaki. Asahi is a wonderful name."

'So the boy an Uzumaki that explains the red hair.' The Hokage thought looking at Asahi's hair.

"Thank you."

"There no reason to be nervous," The hokage chuckled. "Now Asahi can you tell me where you got the bruises from?"

"I wandering around looking for something to eat, but the people didn't like me taking their food and best me up."

"I'm sorry to hear that child, but here in this village. I promise you won't ever go hungry again. "

"Wait you're saying that I get to live here?" Asahi asked not expecting to hear that.

"Of course, I can't have a little boy out on his own. I couldn't live with myself. Now, what happened to your parents?" The Hokage said with compassion in his eyes.