7

Everyone stared in horror as the police came and took his body, I was trying my best to hold my mom and the baby. She screamed hysterically trying to chase after them pushing me as hard as she could.

I felt myself loose my balance until a pair of strong unfamiliar arms caught me, "careful you might fall for me," he says winking at me. "thank you officer," I say looking at his police badge. "Officer Yoon?" I say vaguely remembering the last name. "You don't remember me huh? well I guess that happens when you marry and have kids," he says. "Yoon Jeonghan?" I say. He nods flicking my forehead, "is that how you greet people," before he could say anything else Kun held my hand with our fingers locking together.

"How's my mom," I ask him worriedly. I knew he was about to do something by his look towards Jeonghan. He places a kiss on my forehead, "honey she needs you so go to her she's in her room," he lovingly says pushing me towards the house.

***

No one's POV

Both men watched her leave with her daughter still in her hands, "so you're the one she decided to marry and ruin her relationship with her old man," the blond haired boy harshly says. Kun couldn't believe what he was saying.

"says the one who dumped her," Kun retaliates. The boy stayed quite knowing that he was right, "I mean I can still and take her from you," he says angering him. The tension was quite strong until Taeil came up to them, "Mr Yoon? they are asking for you," he says. Jeonghan pats his shoulder leaving both of them alone.

"Who was he?" Taeil asks. "My wife's ex and first love," he says getting mad at the thought that he spoke to y/n. But he shouldn't be worried, y/n loved him and only him. Pretty soon everything was getting investigated the family was being questioned.

Kun knew y/n was going to end up being the main suspect as she was the only who didn't have a good term with him.

Quietly he joined her while the police questioned her, "Areum? where is she?" he asks when he stepped into the room. "She's with Taeyong, he's the only one who wasn't busy," he was worried that Taeyong wasn't going to take care of her but he should at least trust his friends.

"Is it true you don't get along with Mr. Na?" "Yes that is true but I will never kill my own father," Kun couldn't help but notice how Jeonghan was looking at her, "Can anyone confirm your alibi?" Y/N nods looking at her husband. Although Jeonghan couldn't admit he felt irritated by the way she looked at the man she loved. "Mr. Qian can you confirm,?"

Kun nods, "we arrived to the party a little late, y/n's mom came up to us to greet us while she said hello to her granddaughter, we were together the entire time," he says. Mr. Yoon writes everything down. "but y/n- no Mrs. Qian," he coldly said her last name, "why aren't you sad?" Y/n was taken a back by that question. "Babe you don't have to-" she took his hand looking at Jeonghan, "Of course i'm sad but it hasn't hit me," she says trailing off swallowing what she felt.

He knew she was in despair over what had happened but she was trying to be strong, "Y/N i'm here if you need me," Jeonghan says. She pulls her hand away before he held it and put her arms around her husband breaking down in tears.

Kun held her picking her up, "excuse us, ask me if there's anything else," he quietly says wiping her tears. Jeonghan slammed the desk, he wanted to be the one she counted on but the other one came into her life when she needed him.

Y/N's POV

He was my father after all, tears rolled down my face as Kun tried his best to wipe them away. "My heart is in pain! It's my fault right!" I cry out lightly hitting his chest. Kun holds my arms making me look into his eyes, "no baby it's not your fault! we will get to the bottom of this," he says pulling me into his lap as he holds me. Being in his hold was comforting it felt as if everything was going to be ok.

***
We make our way back to check in on Taeyong, when we walked in Areum was crying, Taeyong was crying everyone was crying. "My baby!" I rush to Areum who immediately cheered up when she was in my arms. "My baby!" Kun says walking to Taeyong making fun of him. "How do you make it look so easy," Taeyong says. Areum giggles holding my fingers tightly.

Everyone was silent of course they couldn't say anything that had happened, "It's been ruled out as a suicide," Jaehyun says being the last one to enter the room. "it's clearly murder," Lucas says rolling his eyes. "Which makes it clear the police has been tipped off," Taeyong adds in now with a more serious attitude.

Jeonghan? No he'd never be the type of person to stop investigating just because of money. "Look you guys know how I feel about you, but please uncover the truth," I say looking at the boys earning a small smile from Kun. "Babe can you watch Areum for me," I ask him as he takes her from me.

"You're going to Jeonghan aren't you?" he gives me a hurt expression. I walk up to him pecking his lips, "don't worry i'll be fine," he nods leaning in to give me a few more kisses. "get a room!," Jisung says covering his eyes.

When I get outside he was already packing up his things to leave, "Yoon Jeonghan!" I call out to him. He quickly turns around, "oh are you okay now?" he worriedly asks. "Yeah but why was it a suicide?" he stops in his tracks. "We found a suicide note and he overdosed according to the autopsy," he says.

He's lying, we saw those stab wound for sure. Finding out what Kun really does has thought me one thing. The people closest to you may hide the darkest secrets.

Yoon Jeonghan just what are you keeping from me?

-

-

-