Chapter 8: Natsu vs Rustyrose

Natsu and Rusty just stood and stared at each other for a moment, both poised to attack the other.

"Well well well, Natsu it appears we at last get to fight! You have no idea just how long I've waited for a moment such as this." Rusty said with much anticipation.

"Enough yapping you wordy windbag! Fire Dragon Fist!"

Natsu then charged at him with a flaming fist only to be stopped by Rusty's ultimate shield.

"I won't be so easy to defeat as you think Salamander, I have unlimited creation on my side!" Rusty said as he then created a sword in his hand and started to attack Natsu.

Natsu however melted the sword with ease, but then Rusty would just create something else. For a while this same process repeated over and over, both exchanging blow after blow spell after spell, till they came to a halt from exhaustion.

"What is it you want from us Rusty? Why are you here, and who are these poor kids you've tricked into doing your bidding!" Natsu grunted as he struggled to catch his breath.

"Ah so now you wish to speak. Do you really want to know? You might just find the truth a bit hard to swallow Salamander." Rusty managed to taunt despite being out of breath.

"Enough stalling Rusty, I may be reckless most the time, but I ain't dumb!" Natsu demanded, fed up with Rusty's shenanigans.

"Alright alright I'll tell you but first...take this!" Rusty yelled as he then threw a small bomb at Natsu.

The bomb immediately went off, but Rusty quickly covered himself with his ultimate shield. For a moment it was quite quiet and all that could be heard was a sucking noise. Rusty looked and much to his shock there was Natsu sucking up the flames from the explosion.

"Thanks for the meal, now I've got a fire in my belly! Fire Dragon Roar!" Natsu cried out as he spewed fire out.

Rusty took the hit, but little damage was actually taken from it, due to his sheild. He then counter attacked with a hit from his giant black arm sending Natsu flying. The fire dragon slayer landed hard on the ground but was quickly back up on his feet.

"You must really want to know don't you Salamader? Unfortunately you'll still have to wait a bit for first I summon Belcusas the Thunderclap!" Rusty said pompously.

It was then the familiar armored giant appeared and started to swing at Natsu.

"So that's how you wanna be! Then let me turn it up a few levels, Lightning Flame Dragon Mode!" Natsu roared as lightning and fire enveloped him cracking and buzzing loudly.

"So you've become more powerful have you, well so have I, so don't even imagine beating me Salamander!"

"Alright then let's see how your giant takes this, Lightning Flame Dragon Roar!" Natsu bellowed as Fire and lightning shot out of his mouth.

With the great blast Belcusas was immediately destroyed leaving Rusty stunned in disbelief.

"You know when I first saw you today I thought you were actually more powerful than before. Maybe even as powerful as Acnologia with the way you destroyed Cardia Cathedral. But clearly you've just remained the same cocky and overconfident jerk." Natsu said confidently with a smile.

"H...how did you destroy that? That's one of my strongest creations!" Rusty said genuinely disillusioned from feeling he was actually powerful enough to beat Natsu.

"You see I've worked on my magic since we last met. But that's the problem with guys like you, you think you're so powerful you don't need to really train or improve, so you stay the same."

"Oh I'll show you, I'll show you who the powerful one is here! Tower of Dingir!"

A great purple light suddenly enveloped Natsu as he started to rise into the air, racing at ludicrous speed.

"Try and escape that if you can, Salamander! Not so powerful when rising to your death! " Rusty laughed evilly.

Natsu struggled as he tried to push himself out of the rising purple tower. He then tried to punch himself out but not a single crack was made no matter how hard he hit the tower. But eventually as he struggled and struggled an idea popped into his head.

"I'm not dying today poser, Fire Dragon Crimson Lotus Flame Blade!" Natsu bellowed as he was enveloped in fire.

He struck the tower with a powerful blow causing a bright flash and an explosion of dust. As the dust settled Rusty looked around rather stunned at the fact his tower was also destroyed with just one blow. Then shortly after he looked around he saw a faint spark in the sky above him only to be pounded to the ground a second later. He barely even had time to process what happened before he saw Natsu with his foot on his chest as he himself laid comatose on the ground. Rusty tried to move, but then felt all the pain of the injuries he just received and the drain from the massive amounts of magic power he used.

"Now tell me who your goons are now or I'll fry you to a crisp!" Natsu demanded as he kneeled and brought a flaming dust close to his face.

"You really want to know Salamander?" Rusty grunted in pain.

"Stop stalling! Are they some making of your imagination, is that why they have powers like ours?" Natsu asked impatiently, just wanting to get some straight answer from Rusty.

"No not even close let's just say they're related to you." Rusty said cockily despite his aching pain.

"Cut the crap and just give me a straight answer pretty boy!" Natsu demanded even more angrily sick of Rusty's games.

"Alright I'll spell it out for you, they..are..your..offspring!" Rusty said in the most condescending way possible.

He then started to laugh evilly even though he was in major pain. Natsu just stood there speechless at what Rusty had just said, unable to believe what he actually just heard.

"Their... my...what?" Natsu asked in utter shock.

"Your children you imbecile! Your children whom I kidnaped from the future. So now you know, each time you hurt them, hit them, break them, you're damaging your future, your precious little ones." Rusty taunted as to torture his opponent.

Natsu could barely breathe, this is what Zeref meant when he said that the enemy was part of his future. He had to tell Lucy and the others before they did something they would forever regret.

"You're sick and twisted Rusty, and you'll pay for what you've done before we're done with you!" Natsu said as he grabbed Rusty's shirt, pulled him up, and then threw him down.

"It won't matter by the time you warn them all, the damage will be done and that will be enough to satisfy my revenge!" Rusty bellowed as he laid back contently.

"We'll see about that!" Natsu said gritting his teeth as he sprinted after the sent of Lucy, determined to put a stop to the madness.