Chapter 3: So it Begins

Start from the beginning

"Hey Luce...?" Natsu said as he pulled her to the side for a moment, letting the group get ahead of him, including Happy.

"Yeah?" She hummed turned to face him.

"I...have something I need to tell you..."

As Natsu's nerves grew stronger he remembered the last time he had a conversation like this with her. But nonetheless Lucy turned to him and the two stopped walking.

"Is this about Zeref?" Lucy asked, having an idea of what Natsu was about to tell her.

Natsu simply nodded, but knew his news was much more shocking than what Lucy was thinking.

"Remember what you said earlier? About... How Zeref can't control me anymore?" He said shaking.

Thanks to this obvious physical trigger Lucy quickly figured out where he was going with this.

"What! That's impossible... he lost all of his magic!" Lucy said absolutely shocker, her eyes wide as saucers.

"No he didn't...at least not completely." Natsu said nervously as he slowly pulled the Book of END out of his back pocket.

As if Lucy's eyes weren't big enough they nearly popped out of her skull at the sight of the cursed book.

"Lucy... Please keep this safe. I can't stand having it so close." He held her hands in his hands after she reluctantly took it.

"Natsu I..."

"Please don't open it, at all. Even if I beg you to... Don't!" Natsu pleaded desperately.

For a moment Lucy thought over what she was being charged with. It was a great burden and it could've meant life or death for her boyfriend, but she knew it was what she needed to do.

"Alright, I'll take it." Lucy agreed to with a nod.

"Thank you Lucy, I knew I could trust you." Natsu said with great relief as he wrapped his arms around her.

Lucy received and returned this affection, doing all she could to alleviate her lovers worries. But Lucy still needed to know more, so she pulled back a bit and looked into Natsu's eyes.

"I'll guard it with my life, but I need to know, what did Zeref say?" Lucy asked inquisitively, trying to change the subject.

"Well, he told me that our enemy was something that would be a part of our future." Natsu said, unsure of what his brother really meant.

Lucy was only confused by this answer, and didn't know what to think of it.

"What does he mean by 'a part of our future'?!" Lucy questioned, just wanting some answers for once.

"I don't honestly know, but I think this enemy is more important and a threat than we think." Natsu said as all the recent events with Zeref swam in his head.

"I guess we'll just have to find out." Lucy said knowing there was nothing else they could do.

She then stared at the book of END in her hands, gently caressing the cover, and wondering about the contents. Lucy was an author after all, so her curiosity was peeked, but her thoughts were shortly interrupted.

"Hey you two, we're here!" Happy yelled from a distance.

Natsu and Lucy snapped out of their conversation and ran over to the rest of their group. From the tall cliff everyone overlooked the giant twisting maze of a canyon known as Web Valley. It was just starting to get to the time of sunset leaving long tall dark shadows expanding from the colossal rock towers. It was then from one of the shadows came a shining glimmer of something far away. However as the team looked at the source, 50 long spears came flying from the darkness.

Erza quickly required into her adamantine armor and shielded her lover and friends from the spiraling spears. This went on ruthlessly for what felt like forever and a day. But when the last spear hit the massive shield Erza unequipped from her armor and along with the others looked to see their attacker. Then low and behold at the top of a tall rock tower were 7 silhouettes in the light of the setting sun.

"So, you fairies have decided to show up and face us!" Rusty laughed tauntingly.

"We've come scoundrel, now tell us why you are attacking Fiore! We defeated your guild once with more people on your side, and we can do it again, there's no need for fighting now!" Erza yelled hoping to stop this foolish endeavor Rusty was set on.

"Erza is right Rusty, you are free of your previous guilds will!" Jellal yelled alongside his secret fiancé

(shhhh nobody knows him and Erza are engaged yet, but everyone probably figured it out though).

"I am free, and I choose to submit this world to my terror, now attack, my children!" Rusty yelled in absolute insanity as he pointed to Fairy Tail.

The Arata Grimware Heart members flew at Fairy Tail with all their might ready to tear the fairies to pieces. Zeken came, sword equipped, at Erza and even though Jellal knew Erza could handle herself he went after the clashing women to help. Kōri and Ameonna surrounded and circled Gray and Juvia who were back to back with one another. After landing Tetsu Shadō walked slowly towards Gajeel, Levy, and Pantherlily as her cloak flowed in the wind. She then paused for a moment and then unexpectedly shot sharp shards at the three. Gajeel immediately covered his body in Iron and shielded Levy and Pantherlily from them. Hitodama flew straight into Lucy at full force taking her into the air.

"Lucy!" Natsu yelled as he turned to go save her but was unexpectedly stopped by a long large black arm.

"Na ahah, you will be facing me!" Rusty said with a wicked smile as he wiggled his finger and slapped Natsu with his giant arm.

Natsu landed with a thud on the ground but quickly recovered.

"Happy follow Lucy she'll need the air support!" Natsu commanded his friend.

"Aye sir, Happy to the rescue!" Happy agreed as he flew off.

Natsu then turned back to Rusty Rose knowing he couldn't get out of this.

"Alright I'll fight you, but answer my question, where did your goon take Lucy and why are you attacking us? Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" Natsu yelled as he attacked Rusty Rose.

Rusty went flying back but also recovered quickly.

"I'll tell you, but only if you can't beat me!" Rusty smirked and continued to fight Natsu.

A part of Natsu wished that he could have his book with him to help. For this Rusty was a new man; his power increased greatly from what it was before. But nonetheless he had to beat him for Fiore and his friends!