𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓

The next man that Yuta had attempted to confront now had thrown Yuta halfway across the room, and although Yuta knew Hendery had told him he could fight back, and that he would clean up whatever mess Yuta made, the weak part in him, the part that ...

The next man that Yuta had attempted to confront now had thrown Yuta halfway across the room, and although Yuta knew Hendery had told him he could fight back, and that he would clean up whatever mess Yuta made, the weak part in him, the part that was used to being tormented and abused was telling him to get on his knees and beg for forgiveness, and just as another kick was to be delivered to his face, Yuta heard a crash of glass and looked up, finding Hendery looking absolutely murderous as he slammed a vase onto the royal.

"WHO THE FUCK SAID YOU COULD HURT HIM?" Hendery screamed, his eyes red and fangs completely out, his features twisting, and for a second, Yuta could see Hendery's great grandfather standing in front of him, protecting Yuta as he used to.

Hendery grabbed the royal, slamming the vampire down on the floor multiple times before hurling the royal out of the window, the glass shattering and the two of them fell down, Yuta heard screams, and Hendery soon reappeared next to him, glancing at Yuta worriedly.

"Where does it hurt?" Yuta raised a hand, staring into Hendery's eyes. He could see the similarity between Hendery and his old best friend, the family resemblance, and pointed at his heart. "...Here..." he croaked out, as Hendery placed a hand on his shoulder, healing the older. "It hurts because it's empty.." Yuta muttered, and Hendery sighed, shaking slightly.

"I should not have let you go alone." he muttered, his voice filled with regret. "What happened to fighting back? I promised you I'd clean up whatever mess you make."

"Promises are always broken." Hendery froze at that, and sweeped Yuta up, teleporting downstairs to where the royal's broken form was lying. "He's not dead. I left him alive. I broke almost every bone in his body, but he'll live. For now." The king tilted his head, smiling softly. "Go on. Do whatever you want to him, he deserves it because of what he did to you."

Yuta hesitated, but Hendery smiled and squeezed his hand. "Go on. You have to do this if you don't want to be tortured by old scars. Dad always taught me, 'forgive those who have wronged you, unless they have broken you, but never forgive those who wreck your loved ones'."

Yuta uncertainly unsheathed his sword, and stared at the vampire's broken form, and shuddered as he thought of how he had hurt him, how he had abused his dreams, his family, his status... The pain came crashing in, and Yuta brought down the sword hard, chopping the vampire's head clean off.

The sword fell to the ground, and Hendery walked up to Yuta, who was staring numbly at the body, blood splattered on his clothes. "Come on, Yuta. Let's get you changed.." Hendery muttered, teleporting the two of them back into the changing room.

Hendery quickly ran a bath for Yuta, and called Kun, wanting to know how to deal with the older in this state. Yuta's eyes were blank, and he wasn't responding to anything Hendery was trying to say. Kun had come as soon as possible, and coaxed Yuta to take a shower, then told Hendery everything Yuta needed before hurrying back to his job.

After around 40 minutes, Hendery knocked on the bathroom door, already changed into a comfortable hoodie and sweatpants. "Hey, you decent?" The door opened, and Yuta walked out in one of Hendery's hoodies and jeans.

Yuta gave him a smile, and Hendery swore he stopped breathing and his heart slowed for a few seconds. Maybe it was that smile.. That smile that made him want to protect the older with all his life. "Thank you." Yuta blushed, looking at the floor, the healing smile still on his face. Hendery got an urge to just wrap the older into his arms, but he fought it off and smiled back, neither of them knowing what their smiles were doing to the other.

"Don't mention it-" "But I want to mention it." Yuta interrupted, walking closer to Hendery. "I want to. I want to thank you, do you know how many hundreds of years those two tormented me? Do you know how many nights I spent awake, exhausted, and disgusted at myself when one of them attempted to touch me or hurt me?"

Yuta's breathing turned heavy, and he grabbed Hendery's hand. "Do you know how hard it was for me to even look at the same way again, to even glance at one of you without gagging in disgust, to think of how they wronged me?"

"I- I'm sorry, Yuta, I really-" Yuta grabbed Hendery, and buried his face into the younger's chest, fighting back tears. "It's not your fault. It's theirs. You don't have to say sorry, you're the one who saved me from them, who helped me." Yuta's voice cracked, and Hendery smiled slightly, gently, patting his hair.

"Can we... stay like this for a while?" Hendery nodded, and then sat down on the couch, Yuta almost immediately climbing on him and hugging him, making Hendery smile at how cute the older could be.

"Didn't you say you hated touching royals?" "you're an exception.." Yuta mumbled, and Hendery got a funny idea. He concentrated, and raised his body heat until it was just a little higher than human temperature, making Yuta stare at him.

"What- Hendery-" "Go on, I'm warmer for you like this." Yuta cuddled Hendery again, smiling in satisfaction at how warm the younger was, moving even closer. "You're so warm..." Yuta muttered, and soon was coaxed to sleep by Hendery's deep voice and warm arms.

"Hendery I brought you lun-" Lucas halted at the doorway when he saw Yuta in Hendery's arms and the vampire telling him to be quieter. "Yuta's sleeping!" he whispered, and gently picked the older up and stood up to go to Lucas, locking the door of his study as they walked towards the gardens. "He got attacked, don't ask." "I could tell, your suit was covered in blood." Lucas noted, making Hendery laugh.

"Getting observant now, aren't we?" Hendery teased, kissing Lucas's cheek. "Only cheek kisses?" The taller asked, turning to Hendery. "We are technically still at the castle and-" They had reached the lunch bench in the garden, and Lucas set the lunch down, grabbing Hendery and slamming their lips together, making the king let out a stifled moan and gasp.

"I love you." Lucas pulled away from Hendery, smiling. "Love you too!" Hendery replied, smiling. Yuta closed the curtains, forcing himself to plop back down on the couch, missing the body heat Hendery had just radiated for him.

Hendery bid goodbye to Lucas, and hurried back upstairs, finding the older still curled up cutely on the sofa, sleeping. "Oh well, I guess I shouldn't wake you.." Hendery muttered, pulling his hood up on his head, and then gently lifted Yuta up so he could wrap his arms around the older and slide down on the sofa as well, warming himself up to make Yuta more comfortable.

"Sweet dreams, Hyung." Hendery muttered, the amount of blood he had just drank making him sleepy. "We'll deal with the rest who hurt you later." Yuta opened his eyes, shifting around to glance at Hendery's face, his lips dangerously close to the king's, making Yuta wonder what it would feel like if he pressed his lips to Hendery's?

Yuta quickly rolled off Hendery, wiping his lips as he got up to deal with the papers, smiling slightly because of how adorable and small Hendery looked, curled up like that on the sofa in a fluffy white pajama hoodie. He looked like a large polar bear, but even cuter. Yuta smiled slightly, and got to work, missing the king's warmth, so he grabbed the papers and sat down in front of the sleeping king on the same couch, who wrapped his arm around his advisor's waist. 

"I'm up.." he muttered sleepily, pushing himself up on the couch, unaware of what had just happened, and why Yuta wouldn't look him in the eye. "Hey, Yuta? You good?" The japanese nodded half heartedly, his mind elsewhere. 

"Sicheng, you have to-" 

Yuta broke off, realizing what he had just called the king. "Did- did you just call me sicheng?" Yuta shook his head, turning away from the king. "I'm sorry, that was what I used to call a friend like you...."