62

DIAGON ALLEY

_____________

I stood up from Fred's lap as soon as George entered the room with an accomplice smirk on his face. The three of us stayed in the twins' dorm for the rest of the day chatting and listening to some of the music the boys had. By the dusk, I was already exhausted and Mrs Weasley offered me one of her other sons' empty rooms, I ended up in a mostly empty one with higher views and a red wall full of quidditch and different magical creatures posters. Especially, it was full of pictures of dragons. I was in Charlie Weasley's bedroom.

Without daring to investigate a little bit more in the room, I let myself fall on the soft, clean bed and fell immediately asleep under the light coming from the full moon.

By the time I woke up the next day morning, Remus had already arrived - quite drawn and with a new little scar on his face - and was waiting for me in the kitchen with Mrs Weasley telling him off for not eating enough.

The twins got downstairs as well, freshly showered and dressed, with backpacks on their backs, ready to leave too.

"Oh, you're leaving? I'm going to be alone?" Mrs Weasley made a slight pout, staring at her sons.

The two boys rolled their eyes at the same time; "We've told you we would spend our first night at our flat today, and you won't be alone, mum, Ron and Ginny are arriving soon."

"Oh, yes, my last babies left..." she murmured caressing the twins' cheeks and hugging them.

"Ready to appear, dear?" Remus caught my attention, interlacing his arm with mine.

"Sure. Mrs Weasley-" I called her. "Thank you so much again."

She smiled widely at me. "Nothing to thank for, dear. You're welcome here whenever you want."

Soon after, Remus grabbed his wand and silently made us disappear from the Burrow. I closed my eyes because I genuinely hated the revolting in my stomach the spell left, and when I finally felt solid ground under my feet, I opened my eyes.

"Where are we?"

"Chapman Street, one of the less crowded neighbourhoods in London. My flat is in this building. I have antiapparition spells inside of it and I suggest you do the same once Liv and you get yours."

Remus's place was incredibly nice and cosy, way more than I expected. It was quite small, with its two individual dorms, and not too full of furniture, but it had a homely and soft vibe that made me feel comfortable as soon as I set a foot inside. The views weren't as astonishing or beautiful as the ones from the Burrow or Grimmauld, but still, it was warm and welcoming. Once Remus showed me the room where I'd be staying, he put a The Beatles vinyl record on his old gramophone and prepared hot coffee for both of us. We sat at one of the windows with our mugs and the music in the background.

"Dora will be coming later, I bet you wanna see her, don't ya?" he said, after a couple of minutes in silence.

"Yes! I'd have seen her sooner if you had let me."

"You know I'm not planning to risk you, Lilith. It's already dodgy enough to let you go freely through Diagon Alley and the Quidditch field if the Harpies finally get you in."

"I'm not restraining myself because of the bloody Death Eaters. Besides, there hasn't been any other move lately, has it?"

Remus sighed and started to give me every single detail the Order discussed since it formed for the second time. There had not been any other attack, but the Wizarding World was fuming with Fudge and they were demanding him to quit his position as Minister. Not that I felt pity for him, the man had been completely useless...