Night of the Vampires

The room was silent as the two prefects, Zero and Yuuki, processed what they were just told. The new girl, Reina Verneculus, was a vampire!

Reina had a calm smile on her pale doll-like face, and the headmaster just gave his bright carefree expression like always.

Yuuki was the first to speak,"I'm glad that you decided to join the cause, Reina! I hope we can be good friends!"

Reina nodded in agreement. Zero still held a weary look towards the vampire, but who could blame him? He was a vampire hunter after all.

"Well Reina, all of your belongings have been placed and unpacked in your new dorm room, you will have it all to yourself! I also heard that you are quite the trend setter so I will allow you to wear whatever clothes you wish as long as 1. They are appropriate and 2. You must wear the actual full uniform once a week." the headmaster explained in an animated tone.

"Alright, and what about..." Reina trailed off while looking Kaien in the eye.

"Oh don't worry! You will be able to carry that around as well!" he waved her off with a smile. "You should go introduce yourself to the class! And my little prefects should be out patrolling!"

Reina nodded in understanding, "Alright, thank you headmaster, I hope to see you again soon!" and with that the mysterious beauty known as Reina Verneculus disappeared into the darkness.

Doing as told the two 'Guardians',as the headmaster referred to them as, went their separate routes to patrol and make sure no Day-Class students snuck out past curfew.

Meanwhile, Reina finally made it to the night class's room. She knocked before simply sliding the door open and entering, hoping she didn't interrupt a lesson. Luckily it looked like it was a break.

"Ah, you must be the new student," the teacher said in a monotone voice.

Reina nodded in response before turning to look at the group. Each of them had weary or blank expressions as they looked at her. Except for one, Kaname Kuran, the Pureblood Prince of the Vampires and Reina's childhood friend. They had been close until the years of Haruka and Juri's deaths. After that they had cut all ties, so that was the most likely reason for why Kaname didn't remember her. He had a look of slight confusion mixed with a friendly aura.

Reina curtsied politely and smiled to the class, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, my name is Reina. Reina Verneculus." at the mention of her name all movement in the room stopped. The nobility of the vampires, which made up most of the class, stared in shock at the news. Verneculus was the house name of a very prestigious and ancient Pureblood line, it is said that they were related to 'The Hooded Woman' and that is why their kin could wield hunters' weapons.

Kaname's eyes widen slightly in recognition and shock, Reina, his childhood best friend and admittedly first and only love was back.

"Is something wrong?" Reina asked the silent room of vampires. Her eyes flashed brighter slightly as she looked around the room, many of the nobility in the class had special abilities, and thanks to her power of mimicry Reina now has them too. Her eyes flash in order to let her know that she has gained a new power.

"No my lady," they each chorused monotonously.

Reina sweatdropped before sighing, "Let's get this straight everyone, I wish for you to treat me normally, I want you to drop the formalities because frankly friends don't talk like that right?" they nodded hesitantly, "Good, now where do I sit?"

Since no one told her a specific place, Reina gracefully climbed the stairs while her skirt dragged behind her, she soundlessly sat in the empty chair near Kaname.