I opened the door and then we entered the room.

Y/n=Well, this is my room eh?

In my room, there's a UHDTV television with 8k resolution and also, there's various next-gen consoles and the latest games in my room.

Matsuda=Is this for real!? Why is it only this room that is so luxurious !? See! there's even a new next-gen console here! Hah, I wish I could switch rooms with you!

Y/n=Hoo, are you envious of me?

Matsuda=No! I just wish I was as lucky as you.

Motohama then fix his glasses calmly

Motohama=Anyway guys, let's go to the Fushimi Inari. Do you guys agree?

Matsuda=Fushimi Inari? Ah, that's the place with lots of torii, right?

Motohama=Exactly.

Matsuda=Well, I'm in.

Motohama=What about you Y/n?

Y/n=I'm also in. Let's also invite Asia and the rest.

Matsuda/Motohama=Yes!

The two of them quickly agreed to my suggestion.

[Afternoon]

I, Asia, and the others are now walking toward Fushimi Inari.

After a few minutes of walking, we finally arrived at our destination.

Xenovia=Look, Asia, Koneko. These shops have many interesting things to sell.

Asia=Wow... All these foxes are cute.

Koneko=Do I have enough spare cash to buy souvenirs here?

The three of them were already enjoying the Kyoto atmosphere. As Asia and the rest chattered away, they appeared to be no different from ordinary school girls.

Matsuda=Hey guys! Let's snap a photo!

From the side, Matsuda takes the opportunity to photograph them.

Aika=Hey hey, what about me?

We continued walking toward the temple. We walk through the main entrance, walking, further along, we reached the main hall. Continuing, we found the steps leading up the Inari mountain.

We took photos as we advanced, and began our next challenge of climbing the mountain path through a thousand torii.

Motohama=Wait...! Wait for me guys!

Motohama was out of breath.

Matsuda=Hey hey, Motohama. This is shameful. Even Asia-chan and the rest are fine.

We were checking out some little stores at the rest stop half way, while continuing up the challenge that was Inari mountain. Motohama was completely breathless at this point.

Asia=Wow! What a great view!

Xenovia=Yes, too wonderful.

Aika=Then take a photo. By the way, do the local schools in this area use this mountain path for running? But looks like there are no runners today.

Xenovia and Asia were amazed by the scenery of the Fushimi Inari mountainside, while Aika showed her knowledge as she snapped photos of the view.

Meanwhile, I was walking to the top of the mountain. At the top of the mountain was an old shrine.

Y/n=Well, this was the peak. Nothing interesting here..

???=... Not from Kyoto?

I heard a voice from behind. Noticing the presences around me...

Y/n=Ah, it seems like, I was surrounded?

There were clearly many inhuman presences. Not very strong individually, but they are numerous.

I then turn around to see who's in my back and I saw...

Y/n=... A girl?

???=Outsider! How dare you...! Attack!

At the girl's command, out of the trees stepped many fellows with black wings and crow heads, dressed like mountain hermits. There are also some others with fox masks who dressed like priests.

???=Give my mother back!!

They start attacking me but I just blocked all their attack with my barrier.

Y/n=What are you talking about? I don't know who your mother is.

???=Don't lie! My eyes cannot be deceived!

Y/n=I didn't lie. I just arrived in Kyoto and this happens.

Suddenly a tengu's staff came smashing down upon me. Just as I prepared myself...

*CLANG*

The one who blocked the opponent's staff was...

Xenovia=Y/n, what happens here?

Koneko=Y/n-senpai, are you alright?

It was Xenovia and Koneko.

Xenovia were carrying wooden swords they must have bought from the local specialty stores. Asia also hurried over a little later.

Seeing the four of us gathered, the young girl and her group showed surprise but instantly became even angrier.

???=.. You all are the ones who ... my mother! Unforgivable! Unclean devils! You have tainted this sacred place! I will not forgive you!

Y/n=Again ... Someone mistook me as a devil. Does everyone not know the difference between devils and demons?

Then suddenly, the young girl's companions attacked all at once but...

*SNAP*

I snapped my fingers and then they exploded.

Y/n=Look, I have no attention to fight.

???=Tch! Retreat! We don't have enough numbers to beat them. Damn, evil existences. I will make you give mother back!

Leaving behind those words, the girl and her followers disappeared like a gust of wind.

Xenovia=... Really, what on earth just happened...?

Y/n=I have no idea. She suddenly attacked me for no reason.

Released from the state of battle, we puzzled over why we would suddenly get attacked for some unknown reason.

Y/n=I felt a premonition that something unpleasant would happen. Everyone, let's go back to Aika and the others. We have to get out of here right away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------