A beautiful blonde woman was yelling in french at a scruffy-looking wizard who was only offering grunts in response, and another Weasley with a handsome, albeit scarred face, was glaring at a glowing lynx Patronus.

" — Has been destroyed. Olliver Wood sustained serious burns, but there were no casualties."

Artemis elbowed Fred out of the way and went to stand beside who she assumed to be an older Weasley brother as the Patronus faded.

"Hello, I'm Artemis. Did Kingsley tell you where Wood is being treated?"

"Bill," the Weasley offered in response, "no, but I reckon he'd be at the church in Essex - "

"Great," Artemis whirled around to face the twins who were watching her with owlish eyes, "can one of you take me to the church in Essex?"

George took a step forward and opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out.

"What George means to say," Fred shoved his brother forward, "is that he will be happy to assist you in your travels to the church."

"Great," Artemis turned to Bill and nodded, "nice to meet you. Let's go, George."

She was back out in the cold of the night without another thought. Only after a moment did she look over her shoulder to find George tripping after her in the snow. She stopped and waited for him to arrive. She took his hand in her own and began tugging him along.

His hand was much bigger than hers. His hand was warm.

Artemis's stomach twisted, but she ignored it.

"Where is the apparition line?" She asked when they'd walked a suspicious distance. She glanced up to find George's eyes already trained on her face. He blinked and looked away quickly.

"Here works," he grunted before taking her other hand in his.

Artemis stumbled on unsteady feet for the second time that night when space and time stopped squeezing at her. She steadied herself by placing a hand on George's chest.

They had appeared on a walkway before a small and decrepit church.

"This is the church in Essex?" Artemis murmured, looking up to meet George's eyes in question.

"Yeah," George swallowed and glanced away before looking back at her, "he should be in there. Alicia is Keeper of this safe house."

"I - " Artemis began.

"Artemis!" Kingsley's voice made the both of them jump.

She turned to face the large oak door that had been propped open to reveal a deceivingly cozy interior. Kingsley's face was pinched, "Thank you for bringing her, Fred. Artemis, I need your help with the burn paste."

Artemis winced but nodded at Kingsley. She turned to look back at George, who looked torn. Her heart was beating fast, and she didn't even have time to process seeing him for the first time since Platform 9 3/4 when he hadn't even caught sight of her.

Stomach twisting, she put her hands on his jaw and lurched up to press a kiss to his cheek, "I'm sorry, I have to go. Be seeing you, George."

She ran to the steps before she had the chance to think over her actions. Her cheeks were flaming hot when she entered the church and shut the door behind her. She caught sight of Kingsley disappearing into a doorway at the end of the room and quickly followed after.