Sixth Year

The sounds assaulted Artemis when she shouldered open the for to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Someone, the twins or otherwise, must have placed a charm on the door because Diagon Ally had been quiet and dim before she'd broken the seal.

The joke shop was full of colour and sound and people. Twisting shelves were overflowing with Peace Disturbers and Dungbombs.

Emma appeared at Artemis' elbow, carrying a bag of purchased products, just as Artemis caught sight of Ginny. Their friend was at a display of love potions, arguing with her brothers. Ginny left in a huff moments later, leaving Granger in questionable company.

"Dating Dean Thomas," she was grumbling under her breath.

"Don't gloat, Ginny," Emma groaned, tugging at her skinny arm, "thinking about him when Justin has been a complete and total arse all summer makes me see red. Ooh! Are those Pygmy Puffs?"

The two girls shuffled in the direction of the fuzzy creatures, groaning about boys loudly.

Artemis made to follow, but her gaze caught on a product.

Jinx-Off. Spell protection kit.

She cocked her head to the side. The previous year she'd experienced a surplus of hallway ambushes, no doubt due to the return of a certain dark wizard. She almost shuddered to think of what awaited her in the hallowed halls of Hogwarts.

Thomas insisted that the safest place for Apollo and her to reside was Hogwarts, but it was hard to miss the new heaviness in his shoulders that he wore like a cloak.

"Got your eye on something, eh?" Fred's voice caused Artemis to nearly jump out of her skin. He was leaning off a banister and grinning at her.

"Made some enemies? Jinx-Off has been proven to be an excellent form of protection against nasty spells," George appeared next to his brother, "though it works best when all items are worn in tandem."

"Feeling prudent, Williams?"

"Not particularly," Artemis smirked at them. More so dreading the harassment for daring to be the child of a Muggle-born and a muggle. If blood could truly be dirty, hers was the filthiest one could have, "Though maybe I'll have better luck with what comes after once I've taken Pomfrey's Advanced Healing class."

Fred's eyebrows darted up, but before he could make some lippy quip, he caught sight of something and disappeared off. He was probably eyeing up some unsuspecting customer in the hopes they'd buy out the entire shop.

"We'll be sorry to lose your business," George attempted to joke. He wasn't as much one for humour as Fred.

"Maybe I'll just buy that Compendium Box of Pyrotechnics of yours and take the Weasley route of setting hair on fire first, asking questions later," she arched her brow.

George chortled.

Artemis pulled a sherbet lemon from the fat packet in her pocket and popped it into her mouth, winking at George, "Be seeing you, Weasley."

He grinned and offered her a farewell, but his cheeks were tinged pink.

Artemis skipped over to her friends.

" — If you're going to deflower Potter, you can't — " Emma was waving her hands wildly as she spoke to a disgruntled-looking Ginny.

"Who's deflowering?" Artemis pulled her sweets from her pocket and offered them up as the three meandered out the door and onto the dreary streets.

"Emma's deflowered Finch-Fletchley!" Ginny accused to stave off the attention.

"I already knew that," Artemis rolled her eyes, "wonky prick, no skill. But you and Potter? That sounds fascinating. Do tell."