Chapter Twenty-Three: New Leaf

Start from the beginning

***                                                      ***                                                      ***

            “We’re going swimming?” I cried in astonishment when I met Alice outside of the Beacon Hills Country Club, which is what 159 Gutner Street turned out to be. She was dressed in skin tight blue skinny jeans, a hot pink v neck that was cut so low it was practically showing nipple, and four-inch tan suede booties, with her long blonde hair swept back into a flattering ponytail.

“Surprise! It’s one of my favorite winter activities,” Alice crowed, stepping forward to swipe her member’s card at the front desk and then leading me downstairs to the changing rooms. The whole place was shiny and pristine, and white. Like the walls, the benches, the lockers, the sinks and even the uniforms were all a rich, creamy white color. Large chandeliers hung from the ceilings in the elegant dining rooms and lobby, and cheerful classical music played in the elevator and in the locker room.

“But Alice, I didn’t bring a bathing suit,” I pointed out as she held the door open for me and we entered the ladies locker room. Several older women were in there, changing out of bathing suits and putting on granny panties and floral cardigans, while some of the other women were young-ish, maybe a couple years older than us. One flustered redhead woman was half dressed, running around trying to keep track of her three children. I felt bad for her, but as I didn’t see “Tommy” anywhere, I figured there was nothing I could do to help her. It did make me think about my own future, however, and whether or not I wanted to have kids and grow old with someone someday, like Derek. I wonder if Derek wants to have kids…? Would our kids be werewolves? Derek said it’s genetic, right? Do I want to have werewolf babies? I was jerked out of my fantasy of having a family with Derek when Alice held up the tiniest bikini I’d ever laid my eyes on and handed it to me. It was a black string bikini, with bottoms that just barely hid my ass crack when I tried them on and cups that literally only covered my nipples. Alice’s boobs were significantly smaller than mine, which she apparently hadn’t taken into account when picking out a bathing suit for me, and now my boobs were spilling out of the bikini top. Add that to the fact that Alice was a complete and utter slut, and there you have it, me looking like a grade-A hoe in the middle of a crowded pool full of people I didn’t know. Alice herself was wearing a floral print halter bikini that was equally as skimpy as mine, but unlike me, she didn’t seem to mind.

“Come on, let’s jump off the diving board to get warmed up!” she squealed, grabbing my hand and dragging me over to the high dive.

“Uh-uh. No way, Alice!” I was pretty sure if I jumped off that thing my bikini top was going to fly off, and I wasn’t really in the mood to flash a quarter of the population of Beacon Hills.

“Oh, come on, Chris, live a little. It’ll be fun!”

“I’ll wait for you down here,” I responded, breaking out of her grasp to go stand on the pool deck with my arms crossed over my chest in attempt to keep every perv in the pool from ogling my breasts, which were on full display. Alice shrugged, walking up the steps to the high dive as seductively as she could, and I could assure you, all eyes were on her as she reached the top and balanced precariously on the edge of the diving board.

“Watch this, Chris!” she shouted unnecessarily down to me, before putting her arms above her head and diving off headfirst. She hit the water with a splash, spraying me and several other people around me with water.

“That your friend?” somebody asked me, and I whipped around to find a guy about my age, maybe a year or two older, staring at the spot in the pool where Alice had just disappeared. Her head bobbed up above the surface, her blonde hair slicked back and her big blue eyes blinking out chlorine.