22: From Me to Us

Start from the beginning

Then captures my hand and places it over his fast beating heart "Thank you angel, thank you for been in my life." I smile and then kiss his corner of his jaw and then the neck before resting my head over his shoulder. We both stay quite for some while as Lucca adjust his position, so he was now resting his back on the bedpost.

I close my eyes and rest my cheek on his hard chest muscles as I keep my hand over his chest, feeling his heartbeat under my touch. I sigh softly thanking god for giving me Lucca. Things could have gone bad today. 

When Lucca entered the kitchen while my mother was trying to warn me about his dark world. I stood there in shock and embarrassment. Lucca has been anything but mean towards my family and in return what my mother does is tell me is is just like Corbiniano. I was so scared when I saw Lucca standing behind my mother at the kitchen entrance. I felt like I lost him and the look in his eye brought me to my knees. 

He ever beautiful shining ocean blue eyes had anger in them. I knew it wasn't directed towards me but I was worried what if after hearing my mother's speech he ask us to leave, ask me to leave him. 

But the moment his meet mine and they turned soft I relaxed a bit and ran straight into his arms. I didn't wanted to loose the best thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't wanted to lose him, the love of my life.

Lucca squeezes my hand that was resting over his chest, bringing my focu back to him. Then he moves my hand to his lips and kiss the palm of my hand  brings the palm of my hand "Angel thank you so much for cooking for me, no one has ever done it. Thank you."  He repeats his thank you as he kisses my wrist. His lips felt soft against my fast beating pulse and for some reason I enjoyed it.

"No one has ever cooked for you? what about your parents?" I ask him as I move my eye up towards his face. He bends his heads down and looks at me with a sad look "Angel you were the first girl to cook for me beside my mom." It takes me time but then I realise what he is saying. He had never had any serious relationship or girlfriend who cared enough to cook for him. 

How is that possible?? 

Seeing my shock expression which I am pretty sure looked more like a disbelief one. Lucca adds "Yes, before you I never dated anyone seriously. I never cared for anything actually. But after meeting you I want everything, everything that you could give me."

My eyes start to sting again and he quickly say "Angel, I didn't tell you all this to make you sad. I want you to know that you are important to me. I heard what your mother said," At the mention of that my face pales but it takes just a second and he continues "And I agree with her it is a dark world." He says with a sigh as he is confessing something and I cut him "I don't care Lucca," I say as I circle my arms around his waist and then my leg over his. It was my way of holding on to him and not letting him leave me. "I know how bad or dangerous this world is beauces I know at the end of the day I get to be with you, in your arms exactly where I want to be. I would exchange this for anything in world. Plus you promised me that you will always protect me and I am holding you up on that." I tired to sound firm not leaving a space of doubt and keep my body clinged to him. Because for some reason I thought there was a but coming. 

Lucca gives a smirk look and I have no idea what it means. 

"What?" I ask him in a questioning tone with a raised eyebrow. "You promised that, down in the kitchen and then few moments ago. You can't go back on you words, you just promised." I start blabbing on trying to gasp on to anything there.

Lucca gives me a huge smile and turns me, so my entire body is over his. Then he circles his arms around my waist tightly and looks right into my eyes "I love you angel and I love how you want us to be together but.." 

There is was the but - the most annoying word in the world. Why did oxford even come up with it??? But ?? 

He smiles and shhh me with his hand, just like the time we meet behind the alley "But your mother is also not wrong my world is filled with dangerous people who would do anything to harm me. Even if it means hurting my family because my family is part of me and you my love," He removes his palm from over my lips and slide his fingers through my hair as he says the next words "You are part of me now, you are my world, my everything."

My eyes start to tear up "I thought you were going to say that you were going to break up with me because my mom was right. Maybe my crazy family is too much to handle for you." I feel my hot tears run down my cheek "I thought you would leave me." 

I wanted to tell him all the reasons that were going through my head but one second I was lying above him and the next he had flipped me over and was above me. He kept most of his weight on his arms, that were resting beside me but pinned me down with a little.

"I would never under any condition leave you even if you break up with me and leave me. I will follow you down to the end of the world because you are only mine angel, only mine and no one else and I mean no one can take what mine." He words were filled with so much power that I felt a jolt of electricity run through me.

"And if you ever bring up the topic of leaving me or breaking up with me. I will kidnap you and lock you up in my house." Lucca's eye were clearly on me noticing each and single reaction of mine. 

His words might have scared any other person but for some reason I wanted him to do exactly that. Because every single time anything happy come my way, it is suddenly snacted away from me in the next second. But I won't let this happen again, Lucca was mine and only mine. 

"Do you understand angel?"He says as he gets his face close to mine.

I nod still keeping my eyes on his. "I need words angel, tell me you understand that you will always be mine and I will be always yours."

"Yes Lucca I understand and I promise you no matter what happen I am not leaving you." He smiles so brightly at me like I have given a boy a jar full with cookies. Then he dips his head in the crook of my neck "I love you angel, I love you." 

I repeat his words as I move my hand up and circle his neck but before I could say anything my stomach grumbles louds from hunger.

"Angel you didn't eat anything for lunch?" Lucca ask as he pushes himself up.

"It wasn't me." I try to hide my face but he grabs my chin and pulls it softly up. I look at him all innocently as I bite my lips, preventing a smile to escape through them. He gives me a smirk look knowing my bluff to well. And then I burst out laughing and he follows.

"Go freshen up while I go get the food." Lucca says as he lifts himself up after another loud grumble leaves my stomach. 

"Oh I can go get the food Lucca." I  say as I try to move past him. But he grabs my waist not letting me move. "Angel it is okay, I will go get the food, you freshen up in the meanwhile and pick something to watch." I smile when he leans down and kisses my forehead before moving away.