Sudden Surprise

Nathan's POV:
"My parents are coming to our house..." I say, my heart racing with fear. Preston stands up with a blank look on his face. Eyes widened, sweating more than ever. He panicked and rushed to the mirror. "JESUS I HAVEN'T EVEN DONE MY HAIR!" he yells.
I grab his wrist. "You're not gonna be here." I said, sternly. "What?!" Preston says, shocked. I look away embarrassed. "I uhh...told them I dumped you..." I say, scratching the back of my neck. Preston looked at me, understanding. There was an awkward moment of silence until the doorbell rang. I jump and Preston scrambles to the basement. I look in the mirror and take a deep breath in. I walk over to the door and see my mother in a pastel purple dress with a white cardigan and purple heels to top it off. She sees me and sighs. I open the door. "Took you long enough." she says, putting her phone in her Louis Viton (if that's how you spell it) purse. "Where's dad?" I ask, as she walks in. "He couldn't make it, sweetheart." she replies. Tch. GOOD. My dad is the WORST person you will ever meet. He's cheated on his exes (while he was dating them + my mother included), framed my grandmother for abuse and got her arrested when I only hit my leg on the couch leg,  threw dirt and sand in my eyes trying to make me blind after I witnessed him cheating on my mother. I was only 4 at the time but I was always loyal to her.
My mother sat down on the couch and I sat opposite her. "So..hows your channel doing?" she asks, looking uninterested. "It's doing good. Gotta do a couple of business meetings and all that then I'm free for 2 weeks!" I explained. She asks if she can see my office. I agreed and lead her upstairs, glancing at the basement hatch before I follow after her.
A few minutes later...
"Would you like a cup of coffee?" I ask. She nods her head. "Gladly." I go downstairs and make her some coffee. Before I go up, I whispered to Preston, "Stay there. I'll try to lure her out."
I hand her the boiling cup of coffee. I fake yawn. She glances at me confused. "Did you not get enough sleep last night, tootsie?" she asks. I hear an soft 'aww!' underneath my feet. I stamp hard on the floor and that shuts him up real quick.
"You ok?" she asks. I nodded my head. "Maybe I just need a rest." I say.
Preston's POV:
It's so creepy down here. There's like 4 cobwebs in the corner. I hear footsteps, thinking it's Nathan. I peek my head up and I see a woman who starts calling for Nathan. Nathan comes down quickly and stops on the second step as soon as soon he sees me.
His mother glared at him, mad as ever. "Care to explain, Nathaniel?!" she says, crossing her arms. I fully came out of the hatch and looked at Nathan.
"Just tell her, Nate. Don't make it worse..." I say, looking down.
He takes a deep breath in, looks at his disappointed mother and says...