While the titan howls in pain, holding its eyes that he impaled, he swings himself up and lands on top of the titan's head. "Ya know it's bad enough you guys are so ugly but do you have to be so loud too? Like God how annoying can you be?" he rolls his eyes, mocking the titan in pain. He then leaps into the air, readies his blade, spins and slices the titan's nape in an instant. Y/n then slings himself on top of a roof and cracks his neck.

"Ugh, out of practice" he grumbles as he gyrates his shoulders with a pained groan

"Ugh, out of practice" he grumbles as he gyrates his shoulders with a pained groan. Without noticing it, Y/n leaves himself wide open and the last titan goes to grab him. On instinct, I shoot my hook into the titan's neck and reel myself in, "HAAAAAAA!!!" I scream as I slam my blades into one of the titan's eyes and cut out its eye. 

Y/n notices this and immediately springs into action, "Rico!" he yells, gaining my attention

Y/n notices this and immediately springs into action, "Rico!" he yells, gaining my attention. He gestures behind me and I jerk my head around to see the titan trying to swat me off of his head. I jump off the titan's face and over its hand, land on its arm and run up its long arm. I look back and see Y/n preparing to kill the titan. He looks to me, gives me a nod and I don't know how but I understand what he wants me to do without him even speaking. I jump off the titan's arm, fire an anchor into the wall next to me, reel myself against the wall. I look to the other side of the street and see Y/n is in the same position. Y/n gives me a nod, we both fire an anchor into each other's wall and reel in towards the titan's nape. Y/n readies a single blade and so do I and the closer we get to the titan's nape, the easier it is to line my blade up with his and when we reach it, we create the perfect cut through the titan's nape, making it fall over dead. After the titan is dead, Y/n lands on the roof that I'm standing on and he walks up to me. "Not too bad for a Garrison Soldier" he teases, "Oh come off it. I'm not some Garrison rookie ya know. I'm not a Team Leader for nothing" I scoff at his insinuation that I'm not skilled with ODM gear. "I know that, but in all honesty, you have real talent Rico. The ability to understand a fellow comrades' intentions in battle without them having to tell you is something not a lot of people can do" he admits with a small smile on his face that makes me feel good for some reason. "Thanks" I smile softly at his compliment, Y/n nods and hops up on the ledge of the building, "So, how come you joined the Garrison? Someone with your skill could really excel in the Scouts, hell with your combat knowledge, tactical thinking and ODM skills, you could have easily made it into the Military Police" he questions with a tilted head. "I...." I start to say but am cut off my more titans appearing, "More titan's approaching sir!" one of the soldiers calls out. Y/n nods and looks back at me with a smile, "C'mon, let's finish clearing the city" he smiles, hops off the ledge and charges the titans with his ODM gear. As I charge the last remaining titans in the city of Trost, my thought's dwell on what Y/n asked me, how come you joined the Garrison?