Chapter 7: "He made me a flower crown"

Arlos P.O.V~

He rubbed his eyes and sighed. The slammed the book closed. No useful information. Nothing he didn't already know. All these demon books had the same information. "There are five levels of hellhounds, the fifth being the strongest with five heads and breaths different fires" or "Hell is ruled by Lucifer and his eight sons." All the same thing. No new stuff that could possibly help him.

They never gave him the information that he needed.

It was simple question that required a simple answer; What rank of Demon wields a Fyre Spear?

He flipped through book after book, scroll after scroll, and came up with nothing every time.

What in heavens name should he do now? None of the scribes came back with any more books on demons.

His the door to his private study was knocked upon. Be raise an eyebrow. Who would come to him now? Cecile? Remi? Blyke? Isen? Holden? "Who is it?" He yelled.

"Its Adrion you're majesty!"

His eyes narrowed as his mind raced. Why would Adrion come see him on his break? He just left. Maybe its important. "Come in!"

The spiky blonde entered the study silently and bowed. "So sorry to disturb you my lord," he apologized. "No need to apologize Adrion, is something the matter? It is you're break after all."

He shifted and exhaled. "I know its none of my business, and I shouldn't pry, but earlier i noticed that you hand piles of books about demons and such. This looks like the amount that we had back in Agwin, so, I thought you might want to read this..."

Arlo cocked his head to the side. This is interesting.

Adrion dug into his side bag a gave the blonde king a thin leather covered book. It felt fairly new, since most demon books Wellston had were centuries old. It smelt new as well.

He looked up at the guard. "Where did you get this?"

Adrion bite his lip. "John gave it to me. He said it was a hand me down in his family."

Arlo cocked his head to the side. "Why would he give it too you?"

His eyes narrowed. "I'm not entirely sure, maybe he didn't want it anymore."

"So you've read the entire book then?" Arlo pushed.

Adrion paused. "...no, I only went through half. I had enough of it."

The lord raised an eyebrow. "Was there anything interesting? Like, nothing you had ever seen before?"

Adrion shook his head. "Its not my place to say honestly, you would have to decide that for yourself my lord."

Arlo nodded. "Hm, alright. You are dismissed."

Adrion bowed and left the study.
Arlo adjusted his crown. Strange. Adrion knew something he didn't, and he was going to find out, whether he liked it our not.

~*~

Arlo left his personal study and went back down 14 floors by himself. Usually, he would ask to be accompanied, because you never know when a demon could spring through the walls and attack you, but he opted to go alone. He needed some space anyways. Knights and servants bowed as he past. He trotted down a spiral staircase and slipped on some liquid, and almost crack his head open. Guards in the hallways saw this and panicked. They rushed to his side, drilling him with questions. He said he was fine and stood up. He looked down to see what he slipped on.

Blood

He looked at the four guards that came to his aid. He sent two back up the stairs, the others down the hallway they came.