The Cavern

First chapter my lovelies!

Chapter 1:

I look at myself in the mirror. At the girl reflecting back. I guess this is as good as it is going to get.

I look at more at the girl in the mirror though. Her light brown hair easily falls into natural waves to her waist. A result from a mother with curly hair. Her eyes are what get most peoples attention though. They are a light crystal blue, not grey but just a light, eccentric blue.

She stands at only five foot two but her five inch heels help her look decently normal, at least height wise. She has on a tight black dress that fits like a second skin and falls above mid thigh. But this type of dress is definitely out of her comfort zone, especially from her usual hoodies and baggy jeans.

The girl in the mirror looks nothing like her normal self hidden in hoodies and sitting at the back of class.

She looks decent, actually presentable. Someone a guy might talk to, even if he is a little drunk.

"Dylan..Dylan.......Dylan, hurryyy upp. God! Your worse than a grandma." Yells my cousin Ana as she runs into my room and belly flops on my bed.

"Ana calm down. You are just excited because I'm 18 so I can finally get us into The Cavern." I say rolling my eyes as she pulls herself up from the bed pulling down her dress.

If you didn't know today is my 18th birthday. I know exciting, but actually I'm dreading it. I have a bad feeling about tonight and I know it sounds like a corny movie but my stomach is in knots and I feel extremely sick. That is not stopping Ana.

"No it's not." She says offensively. "Dyl I love you, and you've worked so hard to graduate school, you deserve a break." She says slowly walking towards me where I'm standing in front of the mirror.

As she comes into view I look at her reflection. The thing about Ana is she is so beautiful but she is the typical girl that you read about that is so gorgeous and has enough confidence to see themselves as pretty.

I know what you guys are thinking. I bet you are probably like all those girl who are secretly gorgeous. Well the truth is I don't think I am, I'm not sure. But that is a reason I hide in hoodies everyday. And guys only talk to me to ask of they can get Ana's number.

Its sad but its my life. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me.

She had on a tight red dress about the same length as mine falling mid thigh. She has naturally beautiful blonde curls. She is five foot seven and I know, I look like a pre-teen next to her. Most people can never guess that I'm older by a few months. She also has these big amazing green eyes that have all the guys falling for her.

If she wasn't like a sister to me I probably would be jealous but we love each other to much to hate each other for silly things like jealousy.

"Dyl come on you look fine. Lets gooooo!" She says practically dragging by my arm out the room. The reason we work so well together is probably because we are complete opposites who balance each other out. She is wild and free, while I'm boring and careful.