Chapter 4: Stars

Nikki's Pov

We stood around the broken phone. "Well shit." Vince said, kicking a piece of the broken plastic. "I don't have her number, you morons!" I said looking at the guys.

 It doesn't matter, I had to figure out how this was gonna work out. I sat down while Tommy and Mick did the same but Mick then left claiming he was tired. She wanted a job and I'll get her one.

 Not a job that teenagers get because their dad makes them to but something she loves. I remembered seeing her love acting like our manager but I can't just get her a job as one. 

She has no experience and I don't want her to accidentally fuck up someone's career. "A personal assistant!" Tommy yelled standing to his feet.

 "What?" I asked looking at my friend like he was crazy. Was he in my head? "We should get a personal assistant, it would help us." He said, balancing his drumstick on his mouth.

 "Vince would probably end up fucking her making her lose the job or some shit." I said looking at my blond friend who grinned and nodded. Assistant? They are close to managers. 

"Yes, I got it! Thank you, drummer." I grabbed his head, kissing him on the forehead as I ran out of the hotel room looking for Doc. I banged on his door waiting for him to open the door. "What is it, Nikki?" He asked. "I need a job," I said proudly. "What?"

"Okay, I have a rookie band coming up. A group of 5 boys." Vicky said, checking her folder. "B-boys? You don't have girl groups or like little kids maybe." I asked, staring at the woman in her chair.

 She raised an eyebrow to Doc, "Is he serious?" She asked to which Doc replied with a shake of his head and a fake laugh. "Nikki just take what she's offering, this is as close as I can get you." He whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes but agreed feeling uneasy having my 22-year-old sister around sleazy dirty boys. 

After a long talk with Doc about Mickey in his hotel room after I got the idea, he agreed to help me and took me to talk to a manager named Vicky once we got home from Arizona. Having a job checked off the list there was now her house.

 She's a grown woman who can't share a room with me. I called an apartment nearby where I live and near where the rookie group was going to rehearse. I couldn't wait to have her in my arms again, it was crazy how close she was and how I was stupid enough to let her slip out of my fingers. 

She's the only real family I have left. I walked to my house feeling tired. The boys and I decided to skip the drinks and drugs since we had a press conference shit to promote our album. I flopped on my bed feeling sleepy.

Mickey Pov

I got to LA in a couple of days. I went to a motel and left my stuff there since I still had no way to contact my friends. As I was checking in, the radio behind the lady announced, "Tomorrow morning the rock and roll band Mötley Crüe will be answering questions to promote their new album in the Greenfield Studio. I'm sure we'll find a lot of lovely ladies cheering for the boys outside this building, right Bob?" I looked at the radio thanking god for the sign.

 I thanked the lady and walked to my room. My clothes were not fit for a press conference. I went through my bags, feeling grateful for going shopping days prior. I picked my outfit which consisted of black jeans and a red top with a white belt around my waist.

 I finished the outfit with my black flats. I showered and got into bed ready for sleep excited to see them tomorrow. I woke up at 7 am and cleaned myself up before putting on the outfit I planned. 

Grabbing my purse with all the stuff I needed, I quickly walked to the front desk to ask for directions. I walked to the studio that was thankfully not as far and sure enough it was almost packed with fangirls. Knowing they wouldn't just let me in since I could be a fan, I quickly thought of a backup story.