Heavy Crowns, Heavy Hearts

Start from the beginning

Although Jeongguk is well aware that there is no bite behind those words, he ultimately surrenders under the gaze of those beautiful set of orbs in order to satiate the rather obvious vexation his lover bears for him, stepping closer to brush his palm over the smooth of Taehyung's cheek.

He wishes not to irate him any longer.

Taehyung doesn't protest when he's being pulled into a warm embrace with gentle firmness, though his arms remain stagnant where they are, he could not have the strength to push away such kind of affections.

"Forgive me, my dearest. I had numerous errands to tend to for the day, should I only known that you'd be this troubled, I would have given you an early notice." The words are amplified with a kiss to his temple, followed by a hand that pets through the silken caramel locks on the back of his head. Only then does Taehyung feel his worries dull to a mere whisper, his own arms winding around Jeongguk's neck to return the much needed embrace.

They bask in their solitude for a while, gently swaying and holding each other just for the comfort of it. It's Jeongguk who decides to speak first, voice hushed. "Have you missed me, angel?"

Taehyung flushes and smiles against the velvet of his man's attire, amused yet relieved.

"Terribly so." He pulls back just a tad, for the sake of gazing into those eyes and getting lost in the wonder and adoration it holds whenever they'd look at each other like this, completely unabashed and true.

Jeongguk leans in closer, looking as boyishly handsome as he can be, all the while an infamous smirk of mischief adorns his inviting lips. "Am I forgiven?" He whispers, faint and quiet in the short gap found between them.

"Not quite," Taehyung retorts, "For I still am not convinced for that of an excuse. Errands, you say? And yet, Jimin's royal guard, Hoseok, was an ever present company to us as we shared a table of tea and went through a friendly round of archery all afternoon." He knows that what duties of Jeongguk aren't exactly equivalent to those of others, yet in this case of his penchant for being petulant, he can't avoid being so glum about it all.

He directs a nimble finger to trace over the sharp of Jeongguk's jaw, thumbing over a chiseled cheekbone tenderly "Are you telling the entire truth to me, love?" He asks, earning him an unyielding nod.

"Of course, pretty. Never would I ought to taint the trust and love you have for me." Jeongguk placates, trying his best to soothe the displeasure that's traced onto those ever beautiful features. "I'd choose to suffer in any other way than to lie to you, truly. My words to you are never false."

His hand meets again the delicate curve of Taehyung's cheek which blooms a lovely shade of rose, watching intently as those long lashes flutter softly and cast shadows over perfect golden skin as he traces the luscious plump of lips with a soft feather-light touch.

And Taehyung, with his shining eyes and melting heart, could only smile as his face colors with the feeling of butterflies swarming his insides.

Jeongguk only carries a handful of resistance in which evidently fails him when he chooses to press his lips against the other's, inhibitions be damned. The action isn't unwelcomed either, which only urges him on to kiss his lover with vehemence, tugging him closer to lick across the seams of Taehyung's lips, an addicting sweetness of love that the rich taste of liquid honey could never come close to.

Taehyung opens up much like how a flower would, and soon their tongues meet and it's oh so lovely. His breath hitches, entranced and in love with how Jeongguk makes him feel, malleable and wanted in the palms of the very man.

Never has he ever felt such emotion for another, and he doubts he ever will. For Jeongguk can only be the one to love him like this, touch him like this, kiss him like this.

Though much to his chagrin, Jeongguk pulls away completely, leaving Taehyung to gather himself and blearily blink his eyes open to chaste his crave for another peck, only for horrid terror to consume his entire being at the sight of his older brother standing before them, stern and cold look washing over his naturally warm aura.

"Namjoon-hyung?"

___________________________________________

word count: 1339

sorry for any typo/errors, i'll get back to this and edit it tomorrow

i tried to create a kind of vintage love story just to try it out,, should i write more of these type/style of stories?? let me know your thought please

votes and comments are appreciated a lot!

stay safe :)