"After you talk to him do you want to tell me what he says?" I question.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Can I change your mind?" I quietly question, moving closer to him.

"N-no."

I put a leg on either side of his body and tangle my fingers in his hair, as I drape my arms around his neck.

"You really won't tell me every single thing Ashton says about me?" I ask.

"I- I'll tell you if you move away from me, Ashton would kill me if he saw us."

"Good. Now go talk to him." I demand, moving off of him.

He rolls his eyes, "Fine. I'll call you later."

"You better!" I call as he rushes off.

-

"Em! Emma!" Michael exclaims through the phone.

"What?"

"Okay, so, I talked to Ashton. He's so in love with you. I mean, he didn't say that but the way he was talking it totally sounds like it. "

"What did he say?"

"I asked him what happened between you two, since you're both acting weird. He actually told me, he told me about your kiss or whatever. Em, he said that moment was one of the most amazing things to ever happen to him."

"We were drunk when it happened, it was probably the alcohol." I reply.

"Will you stop denying everything! There's so much happening that could mean so much and you're just brushing it off like it's no big deal!"

"Because it's no big deal. We were drunk."

"Emma! Fuck, he was talking about how special you are, how beautiful you are, how much you mean to him... Em, he has feelings for you, I know it."

I take a deep breath, "I- I'm so confused about my feelings... But I know that kiss meant something to me. I- I don't know what I'm going to do. I should probably talk to Britney about this."

"You called me a girl before I think I can handle a girl's emotions and shit."

"Michael..."

He chuckles, "Just talk to him, okay?"

I groan, "I don't want to."

"Emma!" He yells.

"Fine! I'll talk to him!"

"Good!"

"Later." I mumble.

"Emma!"

I groan, "Fuck, tell him I'm coming over."

-

"Ashton!" I yell as soon as I enter the house.

"Yes?" He questions, standing at the bottom of the staircase.

I grab his wrist and pull him upstairs into his room.

"We're talking, now."

"About what?" He asks.

"Oh, don't fucking play dumb. When we kissed, what were you thinking? What did you feel?" I question.

I'm not going to try and awkwardly talk about this, I want to be straight forward and try to understand what is going on here.

"I- I don't know..."

I grab his face, slamming my lips to his.

He quickly wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

I pull away, rolling my eyes and look up at him, "Did that help? What do you feel?"

"I- I feel... I- um, amazing. I feel- I- I can't talk about this."

"Why?"

"Because this would never work." He whispers, looking down at the ground.

"I know that. That's what I've been saying." I mumble.

But I didn't really mean it.

"Can we forget this ever happened?" He questions.

No.

I nod, "We have to."

"We're okay then?" He questions, finally looking at me.

Not really.

"Yea. Nothing's going to change. It's just us, friends." I smile.

"Oh, I wanted to tell you, my mum and my brother and sister are coming in for a few days. They'd love to meet you." He smiles.

"Why would they want to meet me?" I chuckle.

"Because I've told them about you." He mumbles.

"Aw, how cute. You talk to your family about me?"

"Well, I mean, you're here all the time and stuff so obviously you'd be brought up. You're my friend."

"Oh, okay. Well I- I'm going to have to go. I was just stopping by to talk about what happened." I mumble.

"I'll see you soon, right?"

"Yea, Ashton, I'll see you soon." I mumble, leaving his room.

As soon as I leave his room, Michael's standing there, frowning.

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

"I- I guess so." I mumble.

"Come here." He whispers, pulling me into a hug.

"Everything is so confusing."

"I get it. He's just as confused. You're both in a weird place right now." He replies as we pull apart.

"I need to go, I told him I was leaving."

"No, come here." He says, bringing me into his room.

"What?"

"What did he say?" He asks.

"That it meant something to him, but he knows this wouldn't work." I mumble.

"See! He has feelings for you!" He quietly exclaims.

"Michael..."

"It meant something to him! He wants to date you but he thinks it won't work!"

"Knows. He knows it won't work."

He rolls his eyes, "You two don't know anything."

"Whatever, I- I'm done with this. Ashton and I are friends. It's done."

----------

hi