[ 🌲 Day #3 🌲 ]

Wednesday

Wednesday

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Kyōtani POV

One day, when we met all the boys at the plaza, a pair of them were holding hands. Yahaba was squealing over it, even though I said it was probably just normal for friends to do, but he refuses to believe it. They're in middle school, I don't think they're supposed to be experiencing "love" that early.

"I had my first boyfriend when I was in my 2nd year of middle school." He tells me, his hand on my shoulder as he watched the two boys run around, "and that didn't go well, huh?". I felt his hand smack against the back of my head, making me laugh slightly.

"What activities are we doing today?" One of the boys asked me, and I took a look at my clipboard to answer him, "Archery, Rock Climbing, and Canoeing. You guys have to set up the tables today, so we only have time for 3 activities.".

He nodded and ran back to his friends. The bell hadn't rang yet, but they all went into the cafeteria with Mrs. Kiyoko to help set up the dining tables.

Me and Yahaba stood there, talking like usual.

"So! Did you ever date anyone, Kyōtani?"

"Are we really gonna have this conversation?"

"Yep!"

"Ugh- whatever... I had like, two girlfriends and a boyfriend, that's it..."

"Ooh! I only dated guys, one in middle school and 2 in high school. After that though, I didn't really date anyone for a while."

"Same... College and shit,"

"Yeah, but anyways! I'm actually pretty glad I came here, I got to meet you and do some cool stuff."

"How's your friend, Oikawa, is it?" I asked him and he sighed when he heard that name.

"God hes like, brainwashed at this point. Even Iwaizumi looks like hes catching feelings for him!"

"Iwaizumi-? That's a new one, last time he dated anyone was in his first year of high school."

"Shocking as fuck... Oikawa has some magical charm and it's annoying..."

"Also, did you hear? That Semi guy totally bagged Shirabu! Caught them making out in the forest when I was walking back to my cabin." I informed him, making his jaw drop.

"What. The. Fuck."

"My exact reaction,"

The bell finally rang, all the kids had already arrived and were flooding into the cafeteria like usual.

We followed behind them, Yahaba was dragged off somewhere by Oikawa, which made me feel bad since I had to sit alone at our table.

Yahaba POV

"Oikawa! What the fuck!" I growled at him as he took me into a small corner on the room, "Yahaba! It's important!".

"If it's about that Iwa-Chan bastard I'm cutting your fingers off with dull scissors."

Oikawa gasped dramatically, "How cruel! But I wanna confess to Iwaizumi!"

"...Oikawa, we're at a child's summer camp... Stop..."

"But would if I never end up doing it! Then we might not be able to talk again until the next summer and even then I won't be able to confess! There's only like 7 days left!

"And how does this concern me? Literally you drag me to this summer camp just for some fucking boy, and now you drag me away from my friend to come talk about him some more?!"

"Yahaba I-,"

"Some friend you are... Fuck off..."

I stormed off in anger, my appetite completely ruined. I just need some air, I'll go outside and breathe. So tired of his bull shit, it's always boys before our friendship and it's getting so fucking old. I've always been there for him for his shitty break ups, just for him to get up against me start sniffing around for another boyfriend.

My hands rubbed circles around my temples, I could feel it pounding in anger. I'm not even sure why I'm so angry, my vision was even getting cloudy and I could feel streams of water falling down from my eyes. No way was I crying at a kids summer camp.

Then, I felt a hand squeeze on my shoulder, which made me jump up, but I was put at ease when I saw who it was. Kyōtani.

"You okay?" He asks me, making me sob even more. It also began raining, which made things way worse. The blonde sat down next to me, and I placed my head on his shoulder.

I sniffled and began talking, my words breaking apart, "I-I just wanna go home... My friend doesn't even care about me anymore, it's always just fucking boys and it so annoying...".

"Understandable," Kyōtani wrapped his arm around my shoulder, which was comforting, "We should get up though,". I nodded in agreement and got up with him.

Thunder roared loudly, the sky was cloudy and grey.

////

Everyone was told to go to their cabins because there was a thunderstorm, meaning we had to skip today's day of activities. It was expected to rain, but a thunderstorm wasn't. But, to me it was relieving, I didn't want the boys to see my eyes puffy. They were too nice and too young to understand, plus I couldn't bare letting them worry about me.

The rain had gotten heavy, I sat on my bed, staring out the window. Oikawa was sitting on his bed as well, the tension and silence between us growing slowly. He was my last friend from high school, it kinda hurts to see your best friend forget about you and only use you when they need advice. Never how you're doing, and not even about your relationships.

I always spent time with him, so much I couldn't even try to find my own boyfriend. Well, I never really wanted one since High school I guess.

But, I felt myself getting tired and decided to not ignore it and let myself fall asleep. The earlier the sleep, the faster I wave up, meaning I get to see Kyōtani in the morning.

Goodnight, Oikawa.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·