[ 🏕 Prologue 🏕 ]

May

May

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Every summer, I volunteer as a Camp Counselor a small summer camp in the mountains. People will probably find this shocking because of my "personality", but they don't because- well no one really knows except my mom and the people there of course.

After summer vacation, I basically "ghost" everyone I know and go camping. Unplugging from the internet is relieving, forgetting about everyone and just spend time with nature.

////

My mom waved me a goodbye as I hopped into my small car. This is gonna be my 4th year as a Camp Counselor at Sakura Summer Camp and I was excited.

I started the engine and waved a goodbye back, soon driving out of the driveway and following the route towards camp. The drive was a few hours, since it was all the way in the forests, but it was worth it. Finally, I can spend time by myself, driving and listening to music.

When I first went to camp, in my 3rd year in middle school we all went as a summer field trip for 9 days, I fell in love with it immediately and was devastated when we had to go. Never really showed it though, mostly because of my lack of showing real emotion other than anger and rage at the time. But, when I heard I could sign up as a CIT (Counselor in Training) during the summer and get to be a real counselor, I had to sign up, begging my mom constantly.

She said yes, thinking it would be "Therapeutic for me" and "help me with my temper issues", and she was sorta right. I still was the same hot-tempered guy at school, but when summer came and I was finally able to go to camp, my behavior switched immediately.

I finally became an official counselor after graduation, so this is my second year as a counselor. Apparently we're supposed to be getting some more CITs this summer, which is sorta exciting.

Wind blew into my car as I rolled the window down, the fresh air putting me at ease as I drove through the freeway. The radio playing my favorite songs, making things better. *(Dj playin my song I know it's gonna be okay, heyyy, it's a party in the USA)*

I'm so ready for this summer.

////

When I pulled into the camp driveway, there were other counselors standing by the entrance. They noticed me and waved brightly, their names were Shirabu, Iwaizumi, and Kunimi, few of my friends here.

"Yo! Kyōtani," Iwaizumi shouted my name as he walked towards me as I got out my car, a big smirk on his face, "What's up man?" I asked him.

He shrugged and scratched the back of his head, "Nothin' much, just excited for this summer." I nodded, "Feel you on that.".

I quickly walked to my trunk and took out my duffel bag, hanging it over my shoulder. The sun burned on my skin, it was horribly hot today, but the cold breeze made up for it.

"Let's go to our cabin," Iwaizumi said to me and I nodded, the counselors had their own special cabin, which was way more nicer than the camper cabins. Me, Iwaizumi, Shirabu, and Kunimi all walked down the trail towards our cabins, holding our duffel bags.

Shirabu and Kunimi were talking about something, while me and Iwaizumi stayed silent. My face stared down at the path, watching as my feet kicked the small pebbles around. Different animals talked in the woods, their voices echoing around us. The trees danced around, their green leaves falling down elegantly.

I find it beautiful.

////

After a while of chilling in the small camp plaza, talking and discussing different plans for today's summer, we were called back to the entrance by the camp manager to meet the new CITs. All of us jumped up and got there in a flash, and like we were told, there was a line of 4 new CITs at the entrance.

One with ash-like hair with brown tips, one with black spikey hair, one with brown k-pop boy like hair, and one with just normal blonde hair.

"Alright, these are our new CITs everyone. This is Semi," the manager began, pointing at the people as she said their names, "Kindaichi, Oikawa, and Yahaba. You four will be partnered with a counselor, luckily we have just the right amount."

Shirabu was partnered with Semi, and he seemed to hate being around him immediately. Guess that's kinda his personality though. Iwaizumi with Oikawa and was just staring at him with confusion drawn on his face. Kunimi with Kindaichi, and hes trying to start a conversation with Kunimi, but is failing badly.

Now for me, I got Yahaba. He seems sorta awkward- or is it just me? Well, this is my first time training a CIT.

Might as well be brave and introduce myself, "Uh- I'm Kyōtani..." I took my hand out for him the shake. He shook my hand and smiled brightly, "Names Shigeru Yahaba. Can't wait to be partners with you, Mr. Kyōtani!".

What it gods name was that and why was it so attractive...

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·