cafe / jaemin

- "i can be your friend!"
///

walking along the regular streets of your city, you noticed how hungry you were. after all, you hadn't really eaten anything all day, and it was around 5 p.m. you saw a nice cafe, which was completely empty. you happily walked inside, noticing how there was only one man inside. and he was sitting by himself.

"uhm, excuse me?" you asked him, tapping on his shoulder lightly. you watched him as he got up from his seat, dusting his lap.

"o-oh, i'm sorry about that! there weren't many people coming in, so i didn't think anyone would come. sit down anywhere, please." he quickly stated, cleaning up his mess, and walked back to behind the counter. you smiled and nodded, lightly chuckling at how quick he was to get up for you.

"what can i get for you?" he asked with a warm smile on his face.

///

you said your order, and you were now waiting for him to deliver it, which was about a good 10 minutes.

"here." he said, as he placed it on the table in front of you. before you sipped your drink, you noticed how he took the seat in front of you, which surprised you. he looked back at you, noticing how you were frozen.

probably because you had some cute dude you just met right in front of you.

"are you alright with me sitting here-?" he asked with a concerned face.

you shook your head and continued sipping your drink. you looked out the window, seeing as the trees were swaying.

"i want to get to know you. i don't have a lot of friends." he said again, startling you a second time, causing you to look at him.

"m-me?" you said pointing to yourself.

"i mean, is there anyone else here?" he asked, making you feel embarrassment rush all over you.

"well, i just didn't know how to respond. i don't have a lot of friends either." you explained. he pouted, mounting his head on his hands on the table.

"thats something we have in common. i can be your friend!" he happily said, making you lightly laugh at how cute he was.

"whats your name?" you asked.

"jaemin, na jaemin." jaemin said, reaching his hand out for you to shake.

"[y/n]." you replied, taking his hand.

"[y/n]? thats a beautiful name."

"thanks, jaemin is a nice name too." you were starting to feel comfortable with jaemin, and then you noticed your drink was finished. you were sure jaemin noticed too, after staring at you the whole time.

"are you done? here, give it to me." he took your cup and brought it inside the kitchen, as you also stood up, waiting for him to come back.

"you're leaving already?"

you nodded in response.

"wait [y/n]! c-can i have your number?" jaemin shyly asked, which you usually wouldn't give you number to strangers, but he made you feel safe. even if you had just known each other for a good 20 minutes. so you gave it anyway.

after you both exchanged numbers, you realized that jaemin had no profile for his contact.

"hey uh, j-jaemin? why don't you have a picture for your contact?" you asked, as many people had pictures for their profile, and jaemin seemed like he would put one as well. maybe he just didn't know how to take pictures. but that was unlikely.

"oh, i would, but i dont have anyone to take nice pictures of me. i don't like selfies."

"i can take a picture of you! and your cafe is great for taking cute pictures, come on!" you pulled his wrist to a nice wall in the cafe, which took him by surprise.

"ok, uhh do some thing cute." you said, trying to capture him in the frame.

after a few pictures, you let him pick what he wanted.

"this ones nice!" he pointed to a picture of him smiling with his teeth. you set the picture, and looked at your phone to see it update.

"now thats better! see jaemin, if you want nice pictures, just call me."

"sure, sure. go home now, its going to rain!" jaemin said, pushing you towards the exit.

"send me the pics of you when you get home!!" you shouted, as you were already walking out the cafe.

///

and after that day, you two were inseparable.

—————————————————————————

idK is It cringey????

i don't know but its probably better than a lot of my recent stories 🧎