ethan

Content Warning: pregnancy, mentions of someone being shot, mentions of gun use, talks about almost dying, swears (if any), vomiting, casework, other things usually mentioned in Criminal Minds, talks/mentions of sex

this is probably one of my all time favorite pieces i've written. i love it so much

{***}{***}{***}

Spencer held me close to his body, pressing his lips to my neck and breathing deeply. I shifted a bit before rolling to face him. He looked down at me with a lazy and tired smile.

"Why are you awake," I mumbled as I pressed my hand to his bare chest. He hummed and looked at the watch on his wrist.

"Got a case, Texas," he looked back down at me and whispered. I pouted and shook my head.

"No," I whined and shook my head. Spencer looked down at me as he sat up in bed. "You're gonna be gone forever, Spencer," I copied his action and sat up beside him. He grasped my hand as he looked at me.

"I'll be home before you know it. You know I'm always a phone call away," he leaned over before kissing my lips. I pouted as I watched him slip out of the bed. "I'll be safe," he spoke as he pulled clothes out of his dresser.

"You better be safe, Spencer, I don't want to get that phone call," I scolded as I pulled the blanket around my body and got out of bed. I walked over and stood beside him. I placed my head on his shoulder, not letting him move. I looked at the few photos he had on top of his dresser. One was of him and his mother a few Christmases ago; it was nice going out to Vegas to visit Diana that year. Another photo was Spencer and I on our wedding day, 3 years ago now. That was the happiest day of my life, and I'm sure of Spencer's life too. And the final photo was the two of us with his work family (who's more real family than anything else).

"You're not going to get that phone call," he looked down at me and smiled, "I'll call you every night at 9 pm Eastern Standard, okay?"

"Okay, and if I don't get a phone call from you, I'm buying the first ticket to Texas and finding you," I lifted my head off him and walked back to the bed.

"I look forward to that," Spencer smiled before walking back to my side of the bed, "I love you," he whispered as he looked down at me. I looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm sure you do. Hurry back soon," I pouted. He chuckled before kissing me one last time. "I love you too!" I shouted as he left the room. The light laughter that came from him made me feel happy as I drifted back to sleep.

{***}{***}{***}

A week, seven days, one hundred and sixty-eight hours, ten thousand and eighty minutes, six hundred and four thousand and eight hundred seconds. That's how long Spencer (and the rest of the BAU family) was gone for. And I was at home, sitting on the bathroom floor with three pregnancy tests lined up in front of me. I only had a few symptoms, but they were enough to get me curious. I'm sure if Spencer were here he'd prove to me that I was pregnant and then get me to take a test anyway.

"C'mon, let's get a nice welcome home present for Spencer," I whispered, staring anxiously at the tests. Like that'll make the tests be positive and make me pregnant.

The timer on my alarm binged, causing me to grab it and silence it. I took a deep breath and said a prayer to whatever God would listen to me before I blindly flipped each test over. I looked down at them and saw two pink lines in the little window. I stared at them, in shock and in awe. My mouth fell open as I stared at them. My heart rate picked up and a smile grew on my lips.