Birds of Prey (2x17) part 2

"I am what I need to be." She said, then reached up and turned off her comms.

"That's actually good advice for a vigilante." Dig admitted, "Maybe not for an ex-assassin who clearly has PTS from the experience, but good advice."

FIVE YEARS AGO

**Sara, did you hear me?** Slade asked over the radio.

"I heard you. Hendrik's not here." She lied. Hendrik sighed in relief.

Slade grinned. "There's someone I'd like you to say hello to." He held out the mic towards Oliver.

"Don't give him anything, Sara." Oliver said weakly.

"Ollie!" Sara exclaimed.

**One last chance.** Slade said. **Oliver for Hendrik.**

"Oh that's tough." Ray nodded solemnly, "What you know is wrong to save someone you love or let them die to save someone else a similar fate...and no one cares. I'll stop."

"I told you! Look, Hendrik, he didn't make it to the island, he drowned." Sara lied.

**To think it was only a year ago, you were a little college girl, fretting about boys.** Slade growled.

"What's your point?" Sara asked.

"You're not a good liar." Slade replied. He kept the mic open, and nodded.

"I would've believed her." Barry frowned.

"Yeah but you believe everyone." Cisco reminded his fret having moved to the back of the chair in front of him which was half occupied by Thea who was practically half on her boyfriend cuddling.

"I do not!" Barry defended honestly.

"Yes you do." Iris, Joe, and Caitlyn replied in unison.

Another man picked up his instrument- a moistened sponge clamped into a set of jumper cables that were attached to a battery- and jammed it into Oliver's side. He screamed in pain.

"What if we just...didn't do that?" Tommy asked using his typical humor to deflect the pain he was feeling of watching what his best friend had gone through as per usual.

"Slade!" Sara cried out, terrified. "Stop, please! Look, he's your friend!"

"I don't think they're friends anymore." Dig winced.

"That is the sound of electricity surging through my friend. Five milliamps, to be exact. Seven causes cardiac arrest." He nodded, and the man upped the wattage and jabbed Oliver again.

He screamed briefly before he passed out. "Oliver just passed out with six milliamps." Slade continued. "He'll be delivered with the fatal blow of seven in one hour if Hendrik is not standing here by my side!"

"How are you going to get there in an hour even if they give him to you?!" Roy exclaimed, "People do not think these things through." He shook his head.

Sara turned to plead with Hendrik- only to find him holding a gun at her head. "There's no way in hell I'm going back there." He growled.

"I swear to-"

"DAD!" Laurel interrupted, "nothing you can do, and she lived."

PRESENT

Helena paced in the room, looking over the hostages. A ring on one young woman's finger caught her attention, and she knelt down. "I was almost married once." She told the woman, who cringed back in fear. Helena stood, kicked over one of the male hostages, and moved to the phone.