Goodbye Theseus

SPOILERS FOR DSMP PRISON ARC.

A Technoblade short, Ft. Sam, Tommy

Summary:
Sam tells Techno Tommy is dead.

---

“He’s dead, Techno.”

Techno felt his throat choke up, the lump, once easily ignored, now blocking his airways. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead in show of his newly found shock.

Techno turned around on his heels, his cape swirling behind him. He met Sam’s sunken eyes, the eyes that wouldn’t meet his. The eyes that watched the scene go down. And did nothing.

Techno lip quivered as he was wrapped farther in reality. He looked down at his shoes for a moment then back up at Sam.

“W-what? How? Who?” Sam clenched his teeth, keeping his composure in the worst way possible. He exhaled finally, the answers slithering from his jaw.

“Dream. He punched him to death, right in the jail cell.” Sam put a hand to his mouth, his other hand at his side shaking in shock.

“I’m sorry, I-I have to go-” Sam whipped around, pushing his way out of the door and running out. The door wavered a bit in the wind of his departure, but soon rested.  

Techno stood still in shock, a hand touching his own lips now. How? Why? Did Sam see? How long was Tommy’s body there? Techno started to feel his axe slip from his fingers. Was this Techno’s fault? Would he have been there? Should he have-

Thud!

Techno was jolted from his own agonizing thoughts as his axe fell to the floor. It made him feel... feel alive… for once in his life. It made him feel so many emotions.

What was happening?

Techno felt his knees shake. He tried to grab for something to keep himself on his feet, but failed to grasp anything, failed to feel the touch of anything warm. Techno fell to his knees on the polished hardwood floor that Tommy so often ran around on.

Techno could feel his eyes start to be pricked. It was such a weird feeling. What was happening to him? What was this feeling? He found out. A singular tear fell off his chin, landing on the back of his hand. It was warm. So so warm. It made Techno long for touch. Something he never would have wanted, seemed so important now.

Techno’s face scrunched up as the emotions hit his head. Was this his fault? It seemed the voices weren’t enough to block out his own intrusive thoughts.

Techno hung his head in undeserved shame. His crown slowly slid off his pink hair and onto the floor, clinking a few times before falling silent. Techno widened his eyes at the floor, then exhaled.

“Goodbye, Theseus.”

---
Goodbye. Also my friend is literally sitting right next to me watching a video edit of Caillou learning to drown lmao.