Chapter 5 - You're such a shitebag.

Nearly three years have passed since the day Tom and I got together, and we're still going strong. Did I say going strong? Maybe that wasn't the best phrase to use. Maybe I should've just said were still together and just. Over the past three years we seem to have gotten into a habit of keeping big secrets from each other. First Tom tried to hide the fact that he got pissed aged 14 and kissed another girl. At 14 I was heart broken and we ended it but after a few months I saw Tom mentally and emotionally breakdown in front of my eyes and I realised he genuinely was sorry, that he did love me as his girlfriend and best friend and that I was never going to get over him. Then after a few months I kept from Tom the fact my parents were splitting up and my father was moving back up to Scotland. I still don't see how this was as bad as him kissing another girl but it ended up in an explosive argument and with me actually pushing Tom out of my way to get out of his house. There have been many other incidents like this. I think it's just teenage drama and I hope that we will grow out of it because I do love Tom, no matter how much we keep from each other and how much we scream and shout.

I feel like Tom is keeping something from me now because he is being really distant with me. He always seems to be busy and never answers my calls. His curtains in his bedroom are alway shut and when I knock on his bedroom window he doesn't answer. We speak when he wants us to speak and we're together when he wants and I've had enough of it. I got my phone out of my handbag and called him, to my surprise he answered.
"Hey, what's up?" He said as he answered.
"We need to talk." I said.
"Yeah, we do." He said, "are you home?"
"Yeah I am."
"Open your window for me I'm coming over." He said and then hung up the phone.

I went over to my window and swung it open just as Tom started to climb out of his, walked across and then climbed in mine. I swung it shut behind him as it was chilly outside. He took my hands in his at first but then pulled me in tight in a hug and held it there.
"I have so much to say to you..." He said, coming out of the hug and then going to lie on my bed. He patted the part of the bed beside him, gesturing for me to go and join him so I did and cuddled up beside him. God I missed this. This moment was what I'd been craving for so long.

"I really need to apologise to you. I've been such a dick of a boyfriend. To be honest I'm lucky you've stuck by me. I'm going to be completely honest with you in the fact that I've kept a big secret from you but I only didn't tell you because I couldn't face it. A few months ago I auditioned for this band called Busted you've probably heard of them by now, well I was a part of it for a whole 24 hours before getting kicked out." Tom said, starting to mumble towards the end. It only just clicked to me that in all this confusion and distance that I too had been keeping something a secret, but it was a far worse one.
"You shouldn't have kept that from me, I'd have helped you through it. I wouldn't have judged up you in any way at all. There'll be more opportunities, things will change. One thing that won't change though is me and that's why I need to tell you that..." I said, cutting myself off.
"Tell me what?" He said.
"Tell you that I love you so much." I said. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. I'm such a shitebag. Wow shitebag, that's such a Scottish term, one that I haven't heard for a long time. I haven't heard anyone say it since before I left Scotland so why am I only remembering about it now? Oh yeah, because I'm only being forced into moving back to Scotland to finish high school.,