Chapter One - Moving to London.

My name is Lauren and I am currently 6 years old. My mum and dad have just recently split up and my dad is going away to work in the highlands of Scotland so my mum decided that her, my big sister Emily and my little brother Mike and I would move out of our little home in central Scotland and into North London. I'm not going to lie, I am scared to go but most of all I'm going to miss my dad. It's going to be really different knowing that he's right up the top of the UK and I'm right down the bottom.

The moving trucks took all of our belongings down to North London the day before we were moving, so that it was already there for us the next day. The journey there was boring I had nothing to do and I was hungry so I pretty much jumped out of the car when we arrived out our new house. We arrived about dinner time and just as I was getting out of the car I saw a little boy with bleach blonde hair who looked about my age, walk in to the house next door, like he was just home from school.

My mum went down to the closest fish and chip shop and got us what we also got, a chip butty. After we had had dinner my mum sent us out to play so that she could unpack the necessities for the night such as beds, toothbrushes etc. So when I went outside I decided to go and find out who the little boy who stayed next door. I put on my coat and my wellies and then ran over to his front door and knocked on it as loud as my little hands would allow me to.
A woman answered the door, "Hello dear, are you okay?" She asked.
"Hi," I said, "My family and I just moved in next door so I just came over to introduce myself."
"Hello, dear. Why don't you run and tell your parents you're over here and them come inside? I have a son who is around your age and I'm sure he'd love to meet you." She said and I nodded. So I ran back to my house, shouted in the door to my mum my location of where I would be and then ran back to the neighbours house where the woman was still waiting at the door. When I got back to the door, I was out of breath but the woman lead me inside.

I followed her through to her lounge where I saw the little boy from earlier on, sitting engrossed in whatever he had on the television.
"I'm Debbie by the way, dear and this is my son Thomas." She said
"Hi, Thomas." I said and sat down beside him, reaching out my hand for him to shake. He started at my hand for a moment before shaking it.
"Call me Tom. I prefer that." He said.
"Why don't you to go on upstairs?" His mother suggested, we nodded and then ran upstairs.