Chapter 25 : "yellow tulips"

Even though you talk way too fast,

I can't stop looking at your eyes.

Heads turn every time you laugh,

baby, I'm in love.

- Let's Go Home Together : Ella Henderson, Tom Grennan

\ yellow tulips ~ hope, friendship \

{Echo pov}

- 3 days before Mr.Andre's -

"Tell him you love him, don't wait any longer, just say je t'aime." Alison told me while we were eating dinner.

"I know, I just... just am so afraid I'm going to hurt him in the end."

"Well love, that's his choice. He knows what he's entering into, and yet he still wants you the same, doesn't that prove how much he loves you?"

I nodded, thinking how what she said was so true, and maybe, I should just let it happen. I love him, and he loves me, that's all the confirmation I need.

- present day -

He sent me home, walked me to the doorstep of my apartment, after our confession at Mr.Andre's. I was honestly beyond happy that I could finally call him mine now. His confession made me feel all giddy and light-headed. He held my hand, his hold was gentle and soft, and I loved every moment of it.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked him. It was the first time he was going to accompany me to my treatments.

"Yes, I'll pick you up. I heard Layla's coming tomorrow? The garden party's on Saturday." He said.

"Yeah, I've got to help her, thank god it's the holidays." I said, swinging our intertwined hands.

"Hmm, so, I guess this is goodnight then, girlfriend?"

"Mmm, I think so, goodnight boyfriend." I smiled brightly, releasing my hand from his, turning to open the door.

He pulled my wrist towards him gently, "No goodnight kiss?"

I rolled my eyes, the smile on my face evident, "So cliche, boyfriend. Think of better ways to earn one."

"Oh, I will, sweetheart," He leaned in to kiss my cheek, and then whispered lowly, "I love you." And he left, leaving me all flushed.

The door opened before I opened it, "So? Did ya'll kiss or something? Why are you blushing?" Alison said, leaning on the door frame.

I can't believe we're together. High school Echo, we did it!

The next day, he came to pick me up, I ran downstairs to see him leaning against his car, wearing his sunglasses, looking like the greek god he is. What surprised me was him holding a bouquet of yellow tulips. I walked closer to him, trying to adjust my hair that flew all over the place while I was running.