lucinda lee kennedy

"Then there's Lucinda, sweet, completely different from her sister, Lucy..."

"And here she comes ladies & gentlemen, Ms. Hyannis 1979, Lucinda Kennedy!" Lucy smiled oh so big waving to the crowds of people in her father's pride & joy of a convertible.

The radio boomed to all the surrounding people as the mayor of Hyannis officiated the annual parade.

It made sense why the 19 year old was picked as the teen of the island, but she was so humble that it didn't add up in her mind.

She never got this kind of attention and liked the feeling of being wanted.

Jack drove with one hand on the wheel and one intertwined with his daughter's. Probably not the safest technique.

Her social anxiety really was getting the best of her, but you know, papa always made it better.

"Lucy is a follower, probably the only girl out of the 12 that is and she's one of the best at it. She doesn't wan to be the center of attention at anytime or any place. Often described as shy, kind, and caring, she is the "second mom". Loves all her sister's so much and will do absolutely anything at the drop of a hat to make them smile. She's known for traveling home on weekends for games, recitals, and competitions to support her younger siblings. At 19 years old, she is SO different from Victoria, but in the best ways. We can't wait to see her grow into adulthood and ultimately become an amazing wife and mother."

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up" Lucy said though her smiling teeth as Jack turned into the gates of the Kennedy Compound.

"Well hold it in for a minute while your mother takes these pictures" Jack laughed slightly. Neither of them wanted to do this, but oh it made Jackie so happy that one of her girls was a Ms. Hyannis.

After all, Lucy only did it for Jackie, solely Jackie, and as the girl dropped her hands into her dress it was kind of clear.

"Lucy is so pretty!" One of the younger girls yelled as the car in front of Jack made the loop and pulled back out onto the main road.

Most years the Kennedy's would line up outside the gate and watch in family groups, but since one of their own was the center of attention everybody looked forward to the "victory lap" for the teen.

Big cameras sat in the center circle while Lucy waved to her entire family.

There were so many of them coming from everywhere. The Kennedy's all together piled up fast.

It felt weird to have all the celebration just for her, but in truth, she oh so deserved it.

Lucy was the kindest of all the Kennedy girls, and that was known everywhere by everybody. She had a heart of pure gold.

She wear the neighborhood babysitter growing up. Gave swimming lessons & now occasional dance lessons to the little girls and boys around the island for free. She never took money from anybody, made that a solid point from the beginning.

Lucy loved dancing, and was very good at it. But she didn't want to do that for a living, never did.

As a Kennedy, she wanted to make an impact.

With that, soon she'd be leaving the S.A.B and heading closer to home and attending college in PreMed to become a Pediatric surgeon. It was always her dream, representing one of her favorite sisters.

It seemed so close, which excited her greatly.

Victoria wasn't as good as Lucy, and that was just reality. It didn't make sense to some people why she was giving it all up to pursue something so different when she had ballet & dance, that could take her to the top, on a silver platter right in front of her.

But that was the way she did things. She wasn't like Tori, Lucy always wanted to work. Wanted to push herself to the limit that she never knew she had.

In the past year she had been through the ringer, from knee & foot injuries, loss, and just having to build up from the ground again, she deserved this title 100 percent.

"And the moment we've all been waiting for, Lucy Kennedy takes her victory loop around the Kennedy's compound! Parents John and Jacqueline Kennedy of Hyannis have expressed greatly how proud they are of there 3rd oldest of 12 girls! More Ms. Hyannis' in the future?" Once again the mayor boomed through the speakers of the car as Jack drove slowly around the circle.

Lucy deserved an amazing moment.

It felt unreal to see her entire family praising her & just her. As the car stopped in front of the John & Jackie house, the mother & wife approached with a huge smile and a bunch of red roses.

The parents where known for their red roses. Every year the girls got one rose for Valentine's Day, to make the dozen on the dining room table. Recitals? you got red roses. When Meave graduated, red roses.

When you got your red roses, it was a special day. And not only where Lucy's special, but each had a little note on the stems from a family member.

There where a lot of them.

She looked down to immediately see the rose from her "Auntie Jean". In other words, her favorite person in the entire world.

Jean was like Lucy, quiet and reserved, but caring and very loving.

"Hi baby! Or should I say Ms. Hyannis! I could go on and on about you Lucy, and how you're my favoritest girl! (And always will be) From little weekend trips with me to you being so grown up now, your little "Auntie Jean!" yells will always echo through my head. You're the specialist girl Lucinda, never forget that! :)"

She looked up to spot the women in the crowd with tears in her eyes.

"I love you babygirl!" Jean yelled from the crowd wearing her sash and crown as a title holder from years and years before.

Jackie kissed her daughter's forehead as Harriet jumped in on Lucy's lap.

Sweet Hattie loved her "Lissy", and when her arms extended out to the 9 year old, she surly took the chance.

Quickly, before the car began to move, the crown "slipped" down and after catching it, the new town royalty placed the crown on her little sister's head.

Every moment with the little one was precious, and small things like this made her so happy. That's all that mattered to Lucy, Harriet was happy.

"But Lissy it's yours!" Hattie pulled it off and looked up to Lucy.

"Nope, you're specialer than Lissy, it's your day Hattie, come on wave to the people!" People waved from everywhere as Harriet stood up with the crown bobbling on her little head. Lucy continued to wave but also supported the sibling standing in the car while the radio made comments on the move the 19 year old had just made with her little sister.

"That ladies and gentlemen is our Ms. Hyannis at her finest! 19 years old with a heart for family & community. A perfect representation of Lucinda Kennedy!

1200 words