Chapter 6

"Hey babe check this out." Lisa beckoned Jennie over to the couch where she was currently wrapped up in a large blanket with her phone in her hand. She unwrapped one of her arms and held it out, waiting until Jennie was settled beside her before wrapping her up with it too. "I downloaded this app that keeps you updated with the baby."

"Oh yeah I heard about those, what's it saying?" Jennie asked as she snuggled in closer to Lisa and rested a head on her shoulder so that she could peer at the screen.

"It says that she's around the size of a pea pod by now, how crazy is that? She's growing up so fast!" Lisa joked as Jennie laughed into her shoulder.

"You're such a dork." she playfully rolled her eyes. "What else?" Jennie asked as she nodded towards the screen as Lisa continued to scroll through the information on the app.

"Oh wow, it says here that her finger prints are already starting to form! And that she weighs almost an ounce already." Lisa spoke excitedly as her eyes scanned over the screen and Jennie listened contently. "Oh! And it says that you'll be starting to feel a lot better with the morning sickness and stuff soon too, so that's good."

"Yeah it started getting better around this time with Ella too, so hopefully it won't be much longer until everything starts to settle down." Jennie told her eagerly.

"It also says that your sex drive might start to go up, which is a win for me." Lisa winked cheekily as Jennie blushed and buried her face further into her shoulder.

"Shut up." she groaned quietly.

"Oh come on, don't act like a prude now, not after what we did last night." Lisa continued to tease, relenting only after Jennie made to get up. "Okay I'm sorry, I'll stop." she promised as Jennie settled back down.

"Do you wanna try the heartbeat thing? I picked it up earlier today." Jennie offered as she gestured to the little box that she had carried in with her.

"Oh my god yes!" Lisa exclaimed excitedly, immediately reaching over Jennie to grab the package and open it up.

They spent a few moments reading over the instructions before pulling out the little monitor and probe. It looked almost exactly the same as the one from the OB GYN appointments, although it was noticeably smaller and more portable.

"Do you wanna do it or will I?" Lisa asked as she held up the little probe and gestured to Jennie's stomach.

"You can do it, if you want to." Jennie smiled before scooting down a little on the couch and pulling her shirt up. The little bump was a lot more visible now, not quite through her clothes yet, but visible when it was uncovered. She gently slid the waistband of her sweats down a little so that Lisa had full access to her stomach.

Jennie watched with a smile at the concentration on Lisa's face as she switched on the little machine and gently set the probe down on her tummy.

"You're gonna have to press it a little harder than that if you want to pick up anything." Jennie told her with a smile.

"I don't want to hurt you." Lisa replied hesitantly before Jennie took her hand in her own and gently pressed down.

"It's fine, see?" She assured her before moving her hand away and letting Lisa take the reins again.

It took a few moments of her inching the little probe around just beneath Jennie's belly button before the now familiar beat of the baby's heart began to sound through the speaker in Lisa's hand.

"What are you doing?" Ella asked curiously as she stepped into the living room with Oreo at her heels.

"Come here babe." Jennie waved her over with a smile, opening an arm out for Ella to climb up onto the couch and cuddle up beside her. "Can you hear that?" she asked as she gestured to the little machine in Lisa's hand.