1

15 hours before

The taste of mint combined with the chill sent down my spine by the cold water hitting my face quickly woke me up.

6 a.m. flights. Never again am I booking one this early.

I hurry up glancing at the time on my phone; 5:14 a.m. Call me paranoid, but i'd rather be an hour early to the airport than a minute late and stuck in another country.

Almost as if the universe had planned it, my phone suddenly blares "ladies and gentlemen, enjoy your flight".

I giggle to myself pleased at my choice in alarm this morning. Nothing better to get hyped for the airport than Mark Lee's iconic line.

I quickly finish getting ready, and after collecting all my belongings and making sure I have my luggage, i'm out the door.

The cool air greets me the second I step foot outside. As much as I miss home, NYC has treated me quite well. I'm gonna miss it, even if I was only here for 2 weeks.

I don't know if it's the environment, the people, or honestly the parties that i'm gonna miss most.

I quickly snap out of my small trance of thought to catch the first glimpse of the sunrise.

I lied, this is definitely what i'm gonna miss most. It makes me wonder if that's really the same sun I wake up every morning to in Korea? It feels so much more... spectacular.

"You were totally gonna leave without saying bye." I turn my head back to the door knowing that I was completely busted.

The man standing at the doorway had his arms crossed and did a small huff upon making eye contact with me. It's hard not to laugh at him attempt to look upset.

"I left a note Sohn." I try to defend myself. "Plus it gives you an excuse to come back to Korea." I add teasing him.

I walk up to him while he tries to grumpily pout in faux anger.

"I'm gonna miss you kid." he lets up enveloping me into a hug. "Be safe okay?"

I nod into his chest and try to enjoy the moment as much as possible. Even though a little piece of me is hurting, I keep it in. No matter how badly I may want to cry or beg him to just come back home, I know he's meant to be here.

"I will. Stay out of trouble okay? If I have to come back to the US to bail my big brother out of jail i'm gonna be very disappointed." I try to joke. "I'll see you, longer than tomorrow." I remind him.

"I'll see you then Aera."

-:-

15 hours before

"Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up."

My managers insistent voice speaks as my own conscious while I walk through the semi-crowded airport.

God, why do I have to be so bad at directions?

I just wanted another day to myself in New York, I didn't think they'd all just leave me here, so much for OT8. Now here I am in the middle of JFK airport completely clueless as to where i'm supposed to be.

I look around trying to find someone who works here who could give me just the slightest bit of information.

My options are either the man sleeping while holding a wet floor sign, or the guy selling travel insurance and will definitely try to get me to buy it.

I contemplate for a second just knowing me i'll somehow get roped into buying travel insurance for the entirety of JYP. Sleeping man it is.

I brush off my own nervousness and approach him. "Excuse me, do you know where i'm supposed to go. It's kind of my first time traveling alone." I chuckle nervously while handing my ticket to the sleepy eyed man.

"Nice accent there, you from Sydney?" the man speaks back with an equally thick Aussie accent.

A little caught off guard, but not wanting to come off as rude I reply. "Yeah I am, but I live in Korea now. I'm going back there in," I pause to read the time on my watch. "Well i'm supposed to board in about 5 minutes." a wave of panic washes over me.

"You've still got an hour left, it's been delayed thirty minutes plus they never board this quickly." i sigh of relief escapes my mouth as he continues. "Don't worry, just go down the walkway and take a left. There's a big ol' sign down there, you can't miss it." he hands me my ticket with a smile.

So I panicked for nothing? Well at least I made it.

"Thank you mate." I nod my head towards him and turn to start walking but somebody crashes into me.

My luggage slips from my hand, and the metal handle crashes directly onto my forearm as I try to catch it.

I wince from the pain, but as I go to find whoever bumped me they just weren't there.

What? I look around me thinking i've seen a ghost, but no one else has taken a notice.

Maybe they're just in a rush?

I ignore the thriller movie plot that I now have stuck in my brain and make my way to the gate.

The guy was right, 'Gate 14' international flights. I take a seat facing the windows and watch the flights take off as the sun begins to rise making a beautiful scene right outside the airport.

I take my phone out and capture a picture. I send it directly to Seungmin knowing he would love this type of stuff.

He responds back quickly with a cute smiling animal emoji. But he keeps typing.

That's weird, most of the time he just reacts to the pictures or texts without responding.

Seungmin
Neverending Story- Stray Kids

Why is he sending me a link to our own song?

Felix
you feeling alright??

Seungmin
Yeah i'm fine don't worry★彡
Just listen to the song yeah?

Felix
okay??

Seungmin
I'm gonna head to bed, have a good flight!

Felix
alright, tell everyone I said goodnight(*'▽'*)

"Man, the members are so weird." I laugh to myself putting in my earbuds and finding Neverending Story on my playlist.

It's been a while since i've listen to it, but today it feels different. It's probably just me being tired, but something about today in general just feels... odd.

"Continue smiling by my side. Just like this moment i'll love you,"

And with that, I feel my tiredness take over until:

"Flight 325 now boarding at gate 8."

-:-:-:-

new book)^o^(

ngl this is 100000% based off of Neverending Story by Stray Kids. It'll make more sense (hopefully) as it goes on but yeah hehe

i'm really excited for this one so hopefully you guys like it as well:)

please comment, vote, and share (if you want) and have a nice day!!!