𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 | Eʀᴇɴ X Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ Pᴛ 2

Start from the beginning

"The reason you saved me in the cabin...." She grabs her scarf with her pointer finger trying to make a point, and stands up. Your eyes broaden. Keep your hands on the table, Mikasa, don't act foolishly now of all places!

"Mikas--" You start to try to reprimand her as she is stepping into dangerous territory.

"The reason you gave me this scarf...is because your kind--"

"I said, keep your hands on the table," Erens voice was austere, with no room for argument. He furrowed his eyebrows, finally, entirely looking up at her.

Her right-hand drops from her scarf as she diegetically sits back down. Eren tilts his chair back so that it is on two legs, threatening to tip him over. "I spoke with Zeke in Leberio, brother to brother. Zeke knows more about the Titans than even Marley does."

"Armin," At the mention of his name Armin's lips part as if he wanted to say something but didn't have the right word for it.

"Aren't you still visiting Annie? Do you think that's your own free will?" What kind of question is that?

"Wh-What?" Armin falters, unsure of where Eren was leading this conversation.

"If memories are what shape people, a part of you is Bertholdt now. Within you is an enemy with feelings for another enemy. Armin. Bertholdt has got into your head. You're the one being manipulated by the enemy." "You're being a fucking hypocrite, Eren! If we use using that logic, then you are being manipulated by Grisha!"

"I am not being manipulated by anyone! I have my own free will. Armin does not," Eren seemed to be reassuring himself with the bullshit that he was spewing. Before you could reply with a snarky comment, Mikasa spoke up.

"Eren! What are--?"

"You, too, Mikasa," Erens voice rises. You watch, astonished at Eren, you want to form words, but no words will formulate to tell him to stop.

"Huh?"

"The Ackermans were intentionally designed to protect Eldia's King. Back then, with a life-or-death situation, you heard my order: Fight!" You look between the two of them unknowingly about what he was talking about. Mikasa's full attention was dead set on Eren at this point. "At that moment, your instincts awoke from within you. By mistake, you thought I was the host you had to protect."

"No.." Mikasa breathes, studying her hands.

"No? No, what?"

"It wasn't...a mistake..." She trails off, remembering that day clear as day in her mind.

"It's because it was you, Eren! I became strong because of you!" Her voice is a desperate plea at this point.

"Ackermans with awakened power get sudden headaches. It happens when their old self resists being forced to protect their host. Sounds familiar?" She gasps as sudden memories flood her mind. Her hands clench together, and she looks down, ashamed.

You and Armin stare incredibly at Mikasa.

Her eyes are wide in horror as everything clicks for her. The headaches, why she would never leave Eren's side. Using Carla's promise as an excuse for her unknown power.

For her, it all made sense now.

"No." She attempts to dismiss the thought that Eren was telling the truth. So this was all bullshit, right?

"I'm saying...."

"No, I..."

"Your family was made to forget who they are and live only to protect." You and Armin look over at Mikasa, who has her mouth agape, lost for words. "In other words, slaves."